Troublesome Creek (Troublesome Creek Series…

Troublesome Creek (Troublesome Creek Series #1) (edition 2005)

by Jan Watson (Author)

Series: Troublesome Creek (1)

1966101,283 (3.67)None
A charming historical novel set in the late 1800s. Born and raised in the hills of Kentucky, Laura "Copper" Grace loves the wilderness of her home in Troublesome Creek. But when her stepmother threatens to send her away to boarding school to become a lady, Copper faces the possibility of losing everything that is precious to her. Copper must come to terms with her family and discover the true meaning of home. Nothing can drag her off the mountain, until the day she realizes that God has other plans for her life.… (more)
Member:jecesarz
Title:Troublesome Creek (Troublesome Creek Series #1)
Authors:Jan Watson (Author)
Info:Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (2005), Edition: Edition Unstated, 384 pages

Troublesome Creek (Troublesome Creek Series #1) by Jan Watson

"Copper" is young Laura Grace, living on Troublesome Creek in the early 1890's in the hills of Kentucky.
  Indiancreek | Jan 8, 2018 |
What a wonderful story of rural life in the Appalachian Mountains. The main character, a teenage girl called Copper, has no desire to ever leave her home on Troublesome Creek, but her stepmother has other ideas. This series has made a place on my "favorites" shelf. ( )
  ChurchMouse70 | Nov 24, 2017 |
It was not until about page 320 that I began to enjoy this book. Usually, I read Christian Fiction because of its uplifting reminders that you are not alone and that in the midst of struggle God prevails. Christian Fiction for me is usually my antidepressant... but it just was not working with this book. The book starts with Copper, a girl in her late teens and then flashes back to when her parents met and her mother died. It goes on to show her grow up practically over night to realize choices for her future. The first two thirds of this book were just really depressing and if it wasn't for a book club I'm not sure I would have gone on. In finishing the book I'm glad I read it, but I just felt that there wasn't much enjoyment until late in the game. That said, I do still plan to go on and read the sequels. ( )
  cherryblossommj | May 28, 2013 |
I actually enjoyed the leisurely way this book introduced you to the characters as it reminds me of my mountain kin and the way they approach life. I love that you get slowly built layers of the main character and her reactions to what is happening inside her and in her life. I would have liked to see the other characters fleshed out a bit better, but the book wrapped up nicely and I am interested in reading the rest of this series. ( )
  patmat | Sep 25, 2010 |
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |

Belongs to Series

For my son Stephen C. Watson. Truly, I could not have written this without your help. And to the memory of my husband, Charles C. Watson (1940-2005). You were precious to me.
"Girl! You'd better get to the house. If your mam catches you in that creek again she'll skin you alive!"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,437,678 books! | Top bar: Always visible