Help, Thanks, Wow: The Three Essential…

Help, Thanks, Wow: The Three Essential Prayers (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Anne Lamott (Author)

Member:FMWLibrary
Title:Help, Thanks, Wow: The Three Essential Prayers
Authors:Anne Lamott (Author)
Info:Riverhead Books (2012), Edition: First Printing, 102 pages

Help, Thanks, Wow: The Three Essential Prayers by Anne Lamott (Author) (2012)

A very brief dance with prayer, written for those who find the idea a bit stressful.

Not my favorite Lamott book personally, but I can certain see its usefulness to many folks who need a charming and fun approach to praying. Thanks, Anne. ( )
  patl | Feb 18, 2019 |
Thank you Anne for writing a book that is so relatable. It has helped me to grow in my walk because I no longer feel like my prayers aren't as flowery or not as good as others. I know they are from me and will be received with love. I also feel more gratitude everyday and thank you for helping me to feel more comfortable with my prayers. ( )
  wakegirl16 | Jun 25, 2018 |
Another 2/5-3 star book. I very much liked the title of this book, but felt disappointed with its short length and price. It hardly merited being a hardcover, and given its subject, I was expecting some more detail, more substance. As another reviewer pointed out, the book comes across as a summary of Lamott's Facebook posts. I very much enjoy Anne's writing, and appreciate her honesty and humility, however I would have liked some more in terms of depth. ( )
  homeschoolmimzi | Mar 31, 2018 |
great read ( )
  Jewel.Barnett | Sep 6, 2017 |
Anne Lamott is one of my favorite writers, and while I liked this book it lacked the depth and heart of her others. "Traveling Mercies" is still my top pick. ( )
  dcmr | Jul 4, 2017 |
Does sunset sometimes look like the sun is coming up?/Do you know what a faithful love is like?/You're crying; you say you've burned yourself. But can you think of anyone who's not hazy with smoke?
—Rumi
For Sarah Chalfont
and
Jake Morrissey
I do not know much about God and prayer, but I have come to believe, over the past twenty-five years, that there's something to be said about keeping prayer simple.

"I do not know much about God and prayer, but I have come to believe, over the last twenty-five years, that there's something to be said about keeping prayer simple" -- Cover verso.Lamott has coalesced everything she knows about prayer to three simple fundamentals. Asking for assistance from a higher power, appreciating what we have that is good, and feeling awe at the world around us-- that can get us through the day and can show us the way forward. Lamott recounts how she came to these insights, explains what they mean to her and how they have helped, and explores how others have embraced these same ideas.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,144,180 books! | Top bar: Always visible