Help, Thanks, Wow by Anne Lamott

Help, Thanks, Wow (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Anne Lamott

Member:coppers
Title:Help, Thanks, Wow
Authors:Anne Lamott
Info:Brilliance Audio (2012), Preloaded Digital Audio Player
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:audio, read in 2013, read in Jan 2013, spirituality, memoir, prayer, non-fiction

Help, Thanks, Wow: The Three Essential Prayers by Anne Lamott (Author) (2012)

A bit eccentric, but the stories make you smile and the title definitely sticks with you. ( )
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |
This is a lovely lovely little treasure. I love the way she writes, so expressively, succinctly, and personably, and how she helps us feel all the reasons to be open to life and the spiritual in life. ( )
  Connie-D | Jan 17, 2016 |
nonfiction, Anne Lamott, religion, Christianity, inspirational, memoir, humor,
  JMlibrarian | Oct 15, 2015 |
Many thanks to Terri (Tymos) for pointing me toward this book. Small in pages, large in content, Lamott finally is off her political high horse. I gave up on reading her books primarily because I didn't want to have her political views be thrown surprisingly in my face when the titles did not indicate that political content would be smattered throughout.

This is a lovely book about prayer. She lists three primary reasons, or times when we seek prayer. Help -- when we are at our wits end and simply literally need help, either for ourselves or others. Thanks -- when we thank God for blessings, or maybe simply to say, thank you I am alive and my life is good today. Wow -- reserved for times when we are overwhelmed with the sheer beauty of nature, a person, a situation and or life.

I enjoyed this book tremendously. It wasn't preachy. It was well written, chocked full of wisdom and resonated with me at the current time in my life.
  Whisper1 | May 7, 2015 |
Seems like Lamott dashed this off in a hurry without much thought. Nothing fresh or new here about prayer. Just a bunch of disconnected thoughts strung together.

I'm usually an Anne Lamott fan, but this one just didn't feed the bulldog. ( )
  dmcco01 | May 4, 2015 |
For Sarah Chalfont
and
Jake Morrissey
I do not know much about God and prayer, but I have come to believe, over the past twenty-five years, that there's something to be said about keeping prayer simple.

"I do not know much about God and prayer, but I have come to believe, over the last twenty-five years, that there's something to be said about keeping prayer simple" -- Cover verso.Lamott has coalesced everything she knows about prayer to three simple fundamentals. Asking for assistance from a higher power, appreciating what we have that is good, and feeling awe at the world around us-- that can get us through the day and can show us the way forward. Lamott recounts how she came to these insights, explains what they mean to her and how they have helped, and explores how others have embraced these same ideas.… (more)

224 wanted5 pay9 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,144,315 books! | Top bar: Always visible