Help, Thanks, Wow by Anne Lamott

Help, Thanks, Wow (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Anne Lamott

Title:Help, Thanks, Wow
Authors:Anne Lamott
Info:Brilliance Audio (2012), Preloaded Digital Audio Player
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:audio, read in 2013, read in Jan 2013, spirituality, memoir, prayer, non-fiction

Help, Thanks, Wow: The Three Essential Prayers by Anne Lamott (Author) (2012)

Why did I wait so long to listen to this. Wonderful. Help, help, help, help, help. Thanks, thanks, thanks ,thanks, thanks! Wow! Wow!

Really needed that. ( )
  sydsavvy | Apr 8, 2016 |
I listened to the CD read by the author. It's hard to describe this book. I would start to tune out and then there would be a zinger that I thought was really neat, but the pace was a little rushed and it didn't give the listener time to absorb the more profound observations. I think I might have liked it better in written form. ( )
  KylaS | Feb 18, 2016 |
A bit eccentric, but the stories make you smile and the title definitely sticks with you. ( )
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |
This is a lovely lovely little treasure. I love the way she writes, so expressively, succinctly, and personably, and how she helps us feel all the reasons to be open to life and the spiritual in life. ( )
  Connie-D | Jan 17, 2016 |
nonfiction, Anne Lamott, religion, Christianity, inspirational, memoir, humor,
  JMlibrarian | Oct 15, 2015 |
For Sarah Chalfont
Jake Morrissey
I do not know much about God and prayer, but I have come to believe, over the past twenty-five years, that there's something to be said about keeping prayer simple.

"I do not know much about God and prayer, but I have come to believe, over the last twenty-five years, that there's something to be said about keeping prayer simple" -- Cover verso.Lamott has coalesced everything she knows about prayer to three simple fundamentals. Asking for assistance from a higher power, appreciating what we have that is good, and feeling awe at the world around us-- that can get us through the day and can show us the way forward. Lamott recounts how she came to these insights, explains what they mean to her and how they have helped, and explores how others have embraced these same ideas.… (more)

215 wanted5 pay9 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,741,713 books! | Top bar: Always visible