Help, Thanks, Wow by Anne Lamott

Help, Thanks, Wow (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Anne Lamott

Member:dogearedpage
Title:Help, Thanks, Wow
Authors:Anne Lamott
Info:Brilliance Audio (2012), Preloaded Digital Audio Player
Rating:**
Tags:Prayer by feel

Help, Thanks, Wow: The Three Essential Prayers by Anne Lamott (Author) (2012)

About the author: quoting from the book's dust jacket, "Anne Lamott is the 'New York Times --bestselling author of 'Some Assembly Required' [and many other popular titles]. [She is] a past recipient of a Guggenheim Fellowship and an inductee to the California Hall of Fame. . ."
  uufnn | Feb 17, 2017 |
I don't always agree with Lamott's views but I do enjoy her self-deprecating humor and I appreciate her honesty and humility as she writes about her personal journey of faith. The style in this book is a little rambling but there are nuggets of wisdom. At around 100 pages, it would make a nice little gift book for someone experiencing personal struggles.

However, If you've never read Lamott, I suggest starting with Traveling Mercies. ( )
  janb37 | Feb 13, 2017 |
Why did I wait so long to listen to this. Wonderful. Help, help, help, help, help. Thanks, thanks, thanks ,thanks, thanks! Wow! Wow!

Really needed that. ( )
  sydsavvy | Apr 8, 2016 |
I listened to the CD read by the author. It's hard to describe this book. I would start to tune out and then there would be a zinger that I thought was really neat, but the pace was a little rushed and it didn't give the listener time to absorb the more profound observations. I think I might have liked it better in written form. ( )
  KylaS | Feb 18, 2016 |
A bit eccentric, but the stories make you smile and the title definitely sticks with you. ( )
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |
For Sarah Chalfont
and
Jake Morrissey
I do not know much about God and prayer, but I have come to believe, over the past twenty-five years, that there's something to be said about keeping prayer simple.

"I do not know much about God and prayer, but I have come to believe, over the last twenty-five years, that there's something to be said about keeping prayer simple" -- Cover verso.Lamott has coalesced everything she knows about prayer to three simple fundamentals. Asking for assistance from a higher power, appreciating what we have that is good, and feeling awe at the world around us-- that can get us through the day and can show us the way forward. Lamott recounts how she came to these insights, explains what they mean to her and how they have helped, and explores how others have embraced these same ideas.… (more)

215 wanted5 pay9 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,506,942 books! | Top bar: Always visible