La déchéance d'un homme by Osamu Dazai

La déchéance d'un homme (original 1948; edition 1990)

by Osamu Dazai

Title:La déchéance d'un homme
Authors:Osamu Dazai
Info:Gallimard (1990), Edition: GALLIMARD, Mass Market Paperback
Collections:Fiction, Your library, To read, Favorites

No Longer Human by Osamu Dazai (1948)

Recently added byinscrt, kazikas, private library, lucyknows, jakezav, AHatchfield, Braden_Timss
Legacy LibrariesLeslie Scalapino, Eeva-Liisa Manner

English (12)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  All languages (14)
這本書收錄太宰治的〈人間失格〉以及〈​Good bye〉兩則短篇小說,〈Good bye〉一文未完,事實上也尚未進入故事的核心,因此讀了並沒有太多的感覺。但〈人間失格〉一文卻給我很大的衝擊​。作者用第一人稱,平淡的語調,展開敘述,並不時自我詰問。主角天生的敏銳使他觀察到人世間種種的虛偽,對​人世間的規則感到無所適從,因此產生莫大的痛苦,進而扭曲自我,乃至最後失落沈溺於感官發洩而無法自拔。敏​銳的感覺和墮落的行為綜合在主角的身上,世人眼中的無賴卻是這個世界中善良無助的人,正常的世間反倒成為充​滿醜惡、卑鄙,可怕的存在。這樣對世間醜惡的赤裸指控、主角善良與罪惡同為一體的張力令人震撼、驚惶,卻又​暗自認同。我對太宰治,乃至日本文學是毫不熟悉的。但這則短篇小說卻引起我心深深震撼、共鳴,乃至無法一次​ ( )
  windhongtw | Apr 1, 2015 |
I mustmustmustmust read this book.

I watched the anime adaptation - crazy @ - @
  ku. | Sep 20, 2014 |
One of the few novels I would call perfect, alongside A Clockwork Orange and such. It really should be better known outside of Japan.
  OtherStoriesBooks | Dec 29, 2013 |
This is a remarkable book. Loneliness and suicide, but with a new look. Sparse and moving words. ( )
  HadriantheBlind | Mar 30, 2013 |
No Longer Human has a certain cult reputation due to its bleak storyline and unremittingly pessimistic main character. With the exception of the notebooks' final line, which was quite a punch to the gut, I was strangely unmoved by the novel. Some people complain that Catcher in the Rye is just one long whinge; I'd disagree with that but such a complaint would match my thoughts on NLH. Perhaps that's because there's so little written in the novel to make us feel sympathy for Yozo. He's a completely wretched character and apart from one vaguely addressed incident when he was a child you're presented with little that makes you want to root for him. Yozo doesn't even help himself and seems only determined to ruin everyone else and debase himself as much as possible. This isn't a story like David Foster Wallace's The Depressed Person that highlighted the issues such individuals can face, the adverse problems that result from that, whilst simultaneously making you feel sympathy for a person who could be viewed as a pain in the neck.

A human element does seem lacking from this novel and, despite the novel's title, I don't think that's the point. It made for quite a detached read that failed to bring me in to Yozo's world and feel his pain. The other pieces of fiction already mentioned in this review are works that succeed much better, in my opinion, at portraying a person feeling depressed or alienated and stoking emotions in the reader. For something sad, I'd recommend them, rather than NLH. ( )
  DRFP | Sep 18, 2012 |

Osamu Dazaiprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Keene, DonaldTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mine has been a life of much shame.
Information from the Estonian Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,862,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible