Doppelganger by Milda Harris

READ IN ENGLISH

Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review, thank you!

Citrus is already having a bad day, but things take a turn for the worst when she see's herself, already in class, making her History test. She's got a doppelganger...

I think this book would work better for teens a bit younger than YA, as the writing and story seem a bit too childish for YA. There's a lot of repetition, mostly at the beginning of the story. Citrus repeats over and over who her crush is and what nickname she dislikes. (and this while the world may come to an end!) Also, the main characters make some very illogical decisions. Like, it's so important I tell you this now, but I can't speak while we're driving. But as the characters are sixteen, I guess it's meant as a YA after all.

My biggest problem with this book however is that we don't get to know anything really. It's very short, on my eReader it was only 130 pages, but there's going to be a sequel! Why not just make it a bigger book. The ending was quite abrupt, and not a single question as to why the Doppelgangers are here is answered... I'm always a bit disappointed if I'll have to buy another book to find out, especially as I don't really care for the characters and their childish/stupid decisions while faced with Doppelgangers. ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
Ms. Harris pens "Doppelgangers" a total page turner that keeps you reading right from the beginning. I loved the way the book had all elements of humor, adventure, suspense and mystery and had a really hard time putting it down. Beware the ending is a real cliff hanger that you wish wouldn't end. Highly recommended for all paranormal fans! ( )
  mycoziecorner | Sep 12, 2012 |
I knew it was going to be a bad day when I woke up just as my first period English class was starting.

If you're a fan of Stephanie Meyer's The Host, Suzanne Collins, or The Lux novels by Jennifer L. Armentrout then check this book out! It's also reminiscent of movies like Invasion of the Body Snatchers (except with a teen girl), The Faculty, and Disturbing Behavior.

Citrus Leahy is having a really bad day. First she's late to school. Then she runs into the girl who drives her nuts because she always calls her Orange instead of her name. To cap it all off, when Citrus finally makes it to class, she sees herself already inside. Wait. What? Citrus Leahy has a doppelganger! It's probably aliens taking over the world and her life has just turned totally upside down. Goodbye, normal. Hello, paranormal! Luckily, her crush Aedan has the exact same problem!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,773,385 books! | Top bar: Always visible