Planning for Love by Christi Barth

Planning for Love

by Christi Barth

The idea was good and I really liked this author's humor, so I would like to read more by her. What I didn't like was that IMO the heroine pulled back too often so that often the relation didn't seem to go anywhere and the whole story stalled a bit.
3,5-4* ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
Contemporary, Chicago

Ivy Rhodes is a hopeless romantic and the best wedding planner in the business. She isn’t going to let anything get in the way of getting ahead and most certainly not a personal problem. She isn’t about to let a heartbreaking and recent one-night stand get in the way when she is asked to star in the reality show Planning for Love.

Bennett Westcott is a videographer that didn’t handle his encounter with Ivy well at all. Watching her smile and great body through the camera every day makes him want to try for some no strings attached fun with her.

The more time they spend together shows Ben that Ivy isn’t at all what he imagined her to be namely a wedding-crazed bridezilla. He has never trusted himself to make a relationship work let alone last. Now he has to try and convince Ivy to give him another chance.

This is a romance that takes the reader on a very fun ride. The situations at times are comical and seeing how the character react makes for a very enjoyable read. It is also interesting to see how the characters overcome their respective pasts to get the future that they find that they really want to have with each other. This story kicks off a series that if they rest live up to this one should prove to be a wonderful series to read and enjoy. It also gives a fun spin to both weddings and reality shows. ( )
  lrhubble | Sep 20, 2014 |
Awwwwww.

Review to come! ( )
  ames | Sep 30, 2013 |
I actually really liked the book, and truly enjoyed reading it. I expected a bit more of the ending. It was pretty average and I would've liked more than just him spontaneously realizing he was wrong and she was the one. Not sure what kind of more I wanted, but I just did. ( )
  Nitzan_Schwarz | Sep 25, 2013 |
Meh. I listened to the Audible version. The narrator was fine, but she couldn't save this book for me.

I listened to the first portion of the book. When it switched to the second portion, I just decided I didn't care to hear anymore.

The writing was fine. The story had a nice twist, but I really didn't care about the characters. The female protag was nice, but marriage obsessed. She seemed to be portrayed as bright, but her whole "getting married" focus was bordering on annoying. Coupled with his "I am a love them and leave them" dude, it was just too annoying.

I gave it 2 stars because I reserve my 1 star ratings for the unproofed/unedited crap that seems more and more pervasive.

I may give this another try some day, but I doubt it. ( )
  paideiamom | Sep 22, 2013 |

Hopeless romantic Ivy Rhodes and anti-Cupid Bennett Westcott request the pleasure of your company for their disaster of a courtship.

Wedding planner Ivy Rhodes is the best in the business, and she's not about to let a personal problem stop her from getting ahead. So when she's asked to star in the reality TV show Planning for Love, it doesn't matter that the show's videographer happens to be a recent—and heartbreaking—one-night stand.

Bennett Westcott admits he didn't handle his encounter with Ivy very well. But looking at her beautiful smile—and great body—through a camera lens every day? He can't be faulted for suggesting they have some no-strings fun.

"Wedding planner Ivy Rhodes is the best in the business, and she's not about to let a personal problem stop her from getting ahead. So when she's asked to star in the reality TV show Planning for Love, it doesn't matter that the show's videographer happens to be a recent--and heartbreaking--one-night stand. Bennett Westcott admits he didn't handle his encounter with Ivy very well. But looking at her beautiful smile--and great body--through a camera lens every day? He can't be faulted for suggesting they have some no-strings fun. The more time they spend together, the more Ben realizes Ivy isn't the wedding-crazed bridezilla he'd imagined. But if he doesn't trust himself to make a relationship last, how can he convince Ivy to give him another chance?"--Publisher.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,981,133 books! | Top bar: Always visible