A Healing Heart: Quilts of Love Series by…

A Healing Heart: Quilts of Love Series

by Angela Breidenbach

207515,329 (4.19)None

This is book #6 in the 'Quilts of Love' series and is written as a stand alone story. It is about overcoming loss, letting go, learning to love again and also learning you don't have to do it all yourself, but letting others help, and most importantly taking time to watch your children grow. Mara Keegan is a widow mother of three kids (who I really enjoyed getting to know). She is trying to finish her daughter's quilt before she graduates, but is also trying to keep the business going that her and her husband started before he passed away suddenly.

Enter Joel who is there to help her take her company to the next level, but who has to prove himself to Mara first. Joel will slowly weave himself into the fabric of this family, as Mara's health takes her out of the running for awhile. But it will give her a chance to see what is most important in her life, her relationship with her Lord, which she has neglected, and her relationship with her children, who have taken second place to her job.

I liked the way the author handled all the issues in this story, and there were many. It seemed like a very real struggle in the life of each family member to stay close to each other during a difficult time of losing their Dad and then their Mom to the company. I loved how they took to Joel and how Joel took to them. It was a very encouraging and sweet story. ( )
  judyg54 | Feb 6, 2017 |
A Healing Heart by Angela Breidenbach is a story of loss, fear being overcome by hope and love. When Mara cracks the door to her heart just enough to allow Joel to peek inside, amazing things begin to happen to them both. Mara needs to let go of a promise long past its worth. Joel needs to rise above past mistakes enough to prove his change of heart. As each uses their God given talents and gifts to help the other, love catches them by surprise. Will Mara let go long enough to allow love to take hold? Will Joel’s commitment be strong enough to encompass not only the woman he loves but her three teenage children as well?
A Healing Heart has lessons for us all to learn. Anybody mired down in something you can’t let go of? Let Joel’s wisdom help pull you out of the quicksand. Do you have trouble leaving the past behind and allowing others to see you in a new light? Let Mara’s acceptance and trust of Joel despite his past wrongs teach you the ways of forgiveness. All this, while being caught up in the sweet story of Joel and Mara’s romance and the journey they travel to arrive at the place where their hearts can finally unite.
As if that’s not enough, watch for the light Louie shines into the light of Mara and her family. Look for the helping hand and dependability of Jill, Mrs. Calder and Grandma. Let Cadence’s quilt and the love poured into it wrap your heart in the warmth of memories and the hope of the future.
I received this book from bookfun.org in exchange for my honest opinion.
  ksucindy | Nov 16, 2015 |
Can this memory quilt heal her heart? Can she reconcile the past and find new love, while creating new memories for the memory quilt?

Angela Breidenbach's new book A Healing Heart tells the story of Mara Keegan - widowed at a young age with 3 children and now has to run the business alone. While preparing to make the traditional memory quilt for her daughter going off to college - life changes for her once again - this time it's her heart.

Angela has created a wonderful story that should be famliar to many. Dealing with tragedy, promises made, turning away from God, never asking for help, Mara sets herself up for disaster. But a family tradition helps to turn things around, slowly healing her heart and helping her to once again reconnect with the important things in life.

This a beautiful story and really feels familiar. Angela's writing makes you feel as thought you are right in the middle of the story and actually a apart of it.

I did receive a copy of this book from the Book Club Network in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  grammygeek | Apr 20, 2014 |
A HEALING HEART by Angela Breidenbach is an interesting inspirational romance. #6 of the "Guilts of Love" series, but can be read as a stand alone. This is the story of Mara Keegan,a widow,mother of three, a workalotic,who suffers a heart attack. All chasing the "good life" we miss the little millstones along the way. After Mara's heart attack she feels she must finish her memory quilt for her daughter, Cadence's graduation present. She also struggles with feelings for on Joel Ryan,the man who is keeping her business running smoothly during her absence. A story of second chances, love,faith, healing,life's ups and downs and the power of love. A sweet, tender romance. An enjoyable read! Received for an honest review from the publisher and Wynn-Wynn Media, LLC.

RATING: 4

HEAT RATING:SWEET

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, Review courtesy of My Book Addiction and More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Aug 6, 2013 |
Title: A Healing Heart
Author: Angela Breidenbach
Pages: 240
Year: 2013
Publisher: Abington Press
Note: I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book from www.bookfun.org
Have you ever noticed how various and diverse authors and novels are even within book series? There will always be published works that will be praised as well as others that aren’t elevated as high. Of course, the same is true with readers, bloggers, reviewers and plainly speaking people. It is the diverseness that can become such a pool of enjoyment with opportunities to learn.
Here is a very touching story straight from the starting line. Widowed at a young age and building an entrepreneurial business along with raising three children, Mara Keegan has some challenges. Already Mara is well past her physical endurance, but presses herself to do more as she views all of life’s responsibilities as hers to carry alone. Since she believes God has done something cruel, how can she look to Him now?
The story includes a quilt, the passing on of one’s heritage with some romance included! I enjoyed learning about making quilts that take memorable pictures, weaving them in when sewing along with the various color patches as well as learning how to take care of one’s self in order to enjoy life and find joy in caring for and about those whom we love.
With great care, compassion and wise counsel, the author brings to the forefront how when we are in a season of grief, we make decisions that might not be the wisest. Perhaps not just shutting out the Lord, but any relationships we once held dear to our hearts. With life going on at a quick pace, we can all forget that the most important contribution we can give to those who come after us is the wisdom we learn along our way.
Another characteristic of the novel was learning how to train or teach younger women what we more mature women can take for granted like we have always known how to do something. For example, in this story Mara has to learn that her artistic gifts can be shared with other women if she is willing to go in the new direction the Lord is leading her. For all of us change can be scary, whether it is because it is change or there is another reason such as who will do or fill the role I presently do if I don’t do it. Yet, the Lord is faithful and if it brings Him glory, He will make sure the role is filled or the job gets completed.
My rating is 5 stars!
Note: The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility. Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457 ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Jul 15, 2013 |

Mara Keegan is an uber-successful mother and a widow of three years. She's been chasing success and all the "good things in life" for her family to make up for the cruel whim God played on them by taking her husband. In an effort to be the perfect mom, she decides to make a photo memory quilt, a graduation present for her daughter, Cadence.… (more)

Angela Breidenbach is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,582,545 books! | Top bar: Always visible