Kat Fight by Dina Silver

Kat Fight

by Dina Silver

I was actually quite fond of this story :) I love the fact that the events and things that happened in this book were so RELATABLE! I love nothing more than a story where you can be like, “OMGosh! This could actually happen to someone!” It makes reading it that much more special! I know we all love getting lost in imagination-land, but sometimes – it’s refreshing to know that the stories you are reading may have actually happened or COULD happen to someone!

Kat is like most girls, a romantic. She knows what she sees her life as in the romance department & that’s the direction she believes she is headed in. Until she has to give Marc a choice – it’s either me or whatever else there is that seems to be holding your attention more than me. What she didn’t count on was Marc being THAT GUY – who chose the whatever else, instead of her. So naturally, it’s time to move on. Who better than to help you move on than your best friend? So then we meet Julie, who is hell bent on getting Kat over Marc and decides to set her up on a blind date. Except, true to Kat form – things don’t exactly go her way – especially when she starts to find herself eyeing the one person who is very much off-limits!

What does one do when they find themselves falling for the very person their best friend likes? That very best friend who is trying to help you get over one of the hardest times in a girls life? GIRL PROBLEMS! We have all been there && I found it so easy to relate to the feelings being thrown around in this situation. She knows what she wants and she wants to go after it, but not at the cost of hurting her friend. Can she have her happily ever after AND keep her best friend? Again, GIRL PROBLEMS!

This book was lovely! It was charming, realistic and often completely humorous! Seriously, I don’t think I could be any more in love with this book! I even read parts of it to my 6 year old because she kept asking me what was so funny! I would recommend this to anyone who has ANY KIND of romantic bone in their body! Dina Silver wrote such an amazing story! It’s so easy to relate to and you cannot help but connect with the characters. ( )
  TabathaV | Mar 20, 2013 |
A hopeless romantic searching for Mr. Right ... a neglectful boyfriend ... an ultimatum ... a longtime BFF ... a double date ... and a crush on the BFF's love interest ... when you put all these variables together, what do get: one hot mess!

Kat Porter is the consummate romantic, she believes in marriage and is looking for Mr. Right/Prince Charming who will sweep her off her feet and give her the happily ever after ending she's dreamed of. She has been in a relationship with Marc Nolan, her college sweetheart for four years. Unfortunately, Marc has become neglectful and has been blowing Kat off one too many times that she finally gives him an ultimatum: lose her number, and he does just that! Kat has to once again start her search for Mr. Right.

Kat's BFF Julie sets her up on a blind double date, but there's a problem: Kat is attracted to Julie's love interest, Ryan Sullivan. Ryan is everything Kat wants in a husband, so they pursue their interest in each other, only to have complications arise when Marc comes back in the picture and wants another chance, and Julie finds out about their relationship. Can Kat hurt her lifelong BFF? Will Kat give Marc a second chance? Will Ryan become Kat's Mr. Right, and will there be a happily ever after ending for them?

Kat Fight is one heck of an entertaining and humorous story about friendships, relationships and the tricky pursuit of finding love. Author Dina Silver once again weaves a witty tale that is simply a laugh-out-loud fun read! Based loosely on the author's own meeting and relationship with her husband, this engaging tale quickly draws the reader into Kat's crazy life, while providing an insightful look into the quirky dynamics of friendships, love triangles, relationships, and meddling office co-workers.

The author has created a cast of characters who are just plain fun to get to know. They are realistic, down-to-earth, normal but quirky people with flaws and issues, who are easily relatable to the reader. Kat is a hot mess, but I couldn't help but cheer her on in her pursuit of finding love. Ryan is every woman's dream man, and I'd take him any day over a neglectful man like Marc. I'd be remiss if I didn't comment on my favorite character, Adam, Kat's co-worker, his cattiness and the banter between them was hilarious, I want to find a friend like Adam!

Kat Fight is a fast paced entertaining book that will tickle your funny bone. Author Dina Silver has a knack for weaving tales with a quirky sense of humor that leaves the reader wanting more! This is one book that you must put on your TBR list, you won't be disappointed!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Chick Lit Plus.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/kat-fight-by-dina-silver-autho... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Aug 6, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,444,375 books! | Top bar: Always visible