Careful (The Careful, Quiet, Invisible…

Careful (The Careful, Quiet, Invisible Series)

by Isobella Jade

212,551,640 (4)None
Recently added byBookswithbite, IJade

No tags.

Another heartfelt story sure to make you see things differently, Careful takes a dive into what it's like for those you love left behind after your death.

What I really enjoyed most about this book is the different perspective. After Estella's unexpected death, she dwindles with the living seeing the aftermath of her death. This part I loved. Watching Estellas parents grieve, the fights in school with her friends and watching her crush fade away, all makes for a great story. The emotions swirled inside me as I saw people spark fights over a lost taken so soon. I loved the loyalty that Estella's friends gave throughout the whole story. The stuck by their friend and made she she lived on in everything they did.

There really is much going in the story other than watching other move on with their lives after Estella is gone. And this part is my gripe. Other than Estella's death is cause by texting and driving, I don't see the point of hanging out watching other live for so long. I get to watch it from the beginning for a few days but Estella lives in other life for a whole month. Half-way through the book, it felt repeated. I can find the appreciation in watching the grieving but after a while it felt too much.

Careful portrays a powerful story of lost taken too soon. Emotions bombard the reader giving them a front row seat in a roller coaster. Sentimental and bittersweet, Careful is good. ( )
  Bookswithbite | Sep 20, 2012 |

After Estella Montclair is killed in a texting and driving crash, what remains of her face and body is devastating. But not all of her has died. During the first month after her death, Estella's spirit travels among her living friends and family. Her best friends Zara, Eva and Jett show her how pain and sorrow can break apart or strengthen a bond. She also sees for the first time that loss can spark revenge, catastrophe can come without warning, and we all have secrets. She wonders if her chance for love with Phoenix has passed her by, and if out of sight truly means out of mind. And maybe one day the girl who caused her death will admit her mistake. While adjusting to a new state of being, Estella struggles to face the limitations that come with death, but blossoms by recognizing she can still touch the lives of the people she once knew so well.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:43 -0400)

After Estella is killed in a texting and driving crash, what remains of her face and body is devastating. But not all of her has died. During the first month after her death, Estella's spirit travels among her living friends and family. Her best friends Zara, Eva and Jett show her how pain and sorrow can break apart or strengthen a bond. She also sees for the first time that loss can spark revenge and destructive behavior, catastrophe can come without warning, and we all have secrets, but she discovers that even the darkest days can become hopeful, peaceful and purposeful and inspire acts of compassion. She wonders if her chance for love with Phoenix has passed her by, and if out of sight truly means out of mind. And maybe one day the girl who caused her death will admit her mistake. While adjusting to a new state of being, Estella struggles to face the limitations that come with death, but blossoms by recognizing she can still touch the lives of the people she once knew so well.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,756,121 books! | Top bar: Always visible