An Old-Fashioned Man by Laylah Roberts

An Old-Fashioned Man

by Laylah Roberts

721,138,814 (3.38)None

Squeeee I love finding a new spanking author. If you haven't noticed I have a thing for spanking romances :)

This series is about 4 brothers and 1 sister. When there parents died, when the youngest Frankie was just 15, Heath being the oldest takes over as provider and protector of the family. Heath is truly an old fashioned man. He believes in domestic discipline, no sex before marriage and that its a man job to take care of a woman. After the death of there parents Frankie had the hardest time. She took to acting out in all the wrong ways to get attention. She is now a nurse and is coming home to the ranch for Christmas and is bringing her friend who is a widow and her small son along. Ava didn't know what to make of Frankie's brothers when she first met them. They were so alpha and if she tried to so something they didn't think she should be doing they threatened to spank her. Heath knew almost as soon as he saw her she was the one for him but getting her to believe that and to also get her to take care of herself wasn't going to be easy. I really liked how the author gave Eva a condition that isn't used in books often. Not only did she suffer from hypoglycemia but she also had coeliac disease. Since Eva was still nursing her son if she didn't eat right and get enough sleep she would run down to the point of passing out. After one of these episodes Heath stepped in vowed to make sure she took care of herself or else she was going over his knee.

In this book we get to get a good glimps of all the siblings. Everyone of the males in the family are dominate and believe in domestic discipline. Frankie who is the real definition of a brat gets engaged in this book and we get to finish her story in the 3rd book of the series.

Since Heath believes in old fashion values there is no sex in this book but that doesn't take away from the romance. And since I have already read the next two books in the series I can tell you there is plenty of hot sex in those :)
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
Ava has been through a lot in her life and really has no concept of family and relying on others. Heath is drawn to her almost immediately but it takes a lot to get close and even more work to stay there. I love the patience Heath shows in overcoming the hurt in Ava's life. Great story of a man strong enough to give his love. ( )
  KatyBethMcKee | Mar 30, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,904,172 books! | Top bar: Always visible