Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Absolutely amayzing I have no words.
  McKenna27 | Jun 2, 2013 |
Tour Host - Promo post and giveaway on 17 August at http://iamindeed.wordpress.com Review to follow
  IamIndeed | Mar 29, 2013 |
Stories like these are like a diamond in a ruff. Beautifully detailed and wonderfully written, I fell for this book fast. Now, let me say this is also a story that can go either way. You either love it or hate it.

Why the love/hate relationship? Well for one the things the characters says or does is like,"WTH?" Sometimes all you can think is why? For me, I'm able to push those parts aside and still be able to concentrate on the plot of the story, letting myself immerse into it. I had no problem believing the characters actions so for me, I love it. Though some of Allie actions I would have done myself...just saying...

The love interest is one of those trap relationships where the guy likes the girl more than the girl does. Know what I mean? She gets lied to, tricked or just fooled into something that really wasn't what she thought it was. I loved how this part of their relationship is so tense. The author builds up great emotion to action-packed scenes. As the reader, it's fun to learn the "inside" of the secret along with Allie. Getting front row seats to see her relationship grow then fall into a whole new world is awesome.

Flight is an intensely thrilling story that I want more of. It brought an amazing world that is hidden in he crevice of New Orleans to life. Flight is an extraordinary epic story that impresses the reader. Original and tasteful, Flight is terrific! ( )
  Bookswithbite | Oct 28, 2012 |
First I want to say I loved this book. When I first started reading it I was a little skeptical. I thought it was going to be a repeat of everything else out there but this book is different. It is a unique take on the paranormal world. I like how the author doesn't plunge you straight into the plot of the story, she teases you until the right moment. You don't really know what could be going on , ala paranormal, but you know something big is coming. When I read the book and found out what was going on, I was surprised. I know I shouldn't have been. Hello the book is called Flight (that is the only hint I will give) and it takes place in New Orleans the mecca for all things paranormal.
What I liked about this book was Allie and Levi's relationship. Allie plays hard to get at first because she just got out of a relationship, but I think that she wanted Levi from the beginning. Levi was taken by Allie because he had to chase her, he never had to chase a girl before. I think for Levi he finds Allie to be a challenge and a breath of fresh air. She is different than most girls. She proves that when Levi and his friends show her a secret and she doesn't run away. Levi screws up with her. He wants to keep her and he fears she will leave at the end of summer and not come back. His fear and actions may cause him to loose her and everything he loves.

You are not given an extreme amount of detail about everything in this secret world. This book basically introduces you to everything and then the next books should explain more. We do learn that Levi and his family are very influential in paranormal society. What happens with Levi and Allie will affect that. The hotel that Allie's dad own and she works plays a role in things too. It makes me wonder if her father knows what is going on. I mean how can you buy a hotel how can you not know what is inside it's walls, really?

I loved reading this book and I can not wait for the next in the series. I was a little bummed how it ended because now I have to wait so long for the next installment. Don't you hate waiting? I recommend this book and warn that you may not be able to put it down till you finish it. I suggest this for age 16+.

I received this book courtesy of the author and FMB Blog Tours for review. ( )
  AmysBookWorld | Oct 19, 2012 |
FLIGHT is another self published book I'm glad I read. Allie sets off with her best friend for New Orleans to work in one of her Dads hotels for the summer before she goes off to college. Little did she know she once she set foot in New Orleans she wouldn't be leaving.

Allie knows what she wants to do with her life, she has plans and she doesn't think twice about following them. Allie has absolutely zero plans to date anyone or look for men while in the city but Levi refuses to leave her alone and she ends up being to intrigued to stay away from him. Jess, Allie's friend didn't last very long in the story, she was definitely only thinking of herself for most of her part in it and I wouldn't be sad if she wasn't in the next story. Levi drove me nuts. I do LIKE him and his character fits in really well but I cant help but want to punch him in places that will make him stop breathing sometimes. Of course the story wouldn't be good without him in it so I am kinda hoping things change between Allie and Levi in book 2.

New Orleans was a great setting for the story, for some reason I always find the Crescent city beyond fascinating and eat up every scrap of information thrown at me when reading about it. The paranormal parts of the book were great. I never guessed what types of paranormal's were in play until they were revealed and I had never heard of the Pterons before so I liked getting to know them. The plot was fun and flowed at a great pace and I enjoyed the action scenes. There was a great amount of suspense and mystery throughout the entire story.

I really enjoyed FLIGHT and I'm excited to see what comes next. Hopefully I will have a chance to snag a review copy of FOCUS before its released in January of 2013 so I don't have to wait that long. ( )
  STACYatUFI | Sep 27, 2012 |

Alyssa Rose Ivy is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,425,021 books! | Top bar: Always visible