Beauty and the Beast (Faerie Tale…

Beauty and the Beast (Faerie Tale Collection, #1)

by Jenni James

I think I expected a lot more from this than I should have. Normally I adore fairy tale retellings but this one was nowhere near what it could have been. It is more child fiction than young adult - the writing and love story is meant more for 7-12 year olds than any older.

I will not be reading more of the series - the dialogue is stilted and the description is lacking. If you are looking for something mindless, this is your book. ( )
  ilerya82 | Sep 19, 2017 |
Another fun read by Jenni James! ( )
  weisser4 | May 3, 2016 |
Beauty and the Beast has always been a favourite of mine and this is sweet retelling for tweens. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
Cheesy and overwrought with tweeny emo. Amazon says it's young adult, but it's more like middle grade. The world building is fluid at best. This reminds me of someone having read the classic story, condensing it, and then trying to retell it from memory. Not terrible; but not really good either. ( )
  lesmel | Dec 31, 2015 |
2.5/5 stars
You can find all my reviews here

Growing up I never liked dresses, make up, ponies, or any of the other things girls my age tended to. I did, however, have one thing in common with most little girls, I loved fairy tales. I still love fairy tales. And most of all when I was younger I loved the tale of Beauty and the Beast. To this day I count it as my favorite fairytale and love it dearly. Overall this retelling was an enjoyable read but I just don’t have the same love as I had for the story hearing it for the first time as a little girl. It was readable and the characters were likeable enough. But all in all it was a very typical, normal story. Nothing stood out to me as annoying or praiseworthy. It was merely average.
  MarandaNicole | Jul 15, 2015 |

Jenni James is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,613,670 books! | Top bar: Always visible