Exquisite (Exquisite, #1) by Ella Frank

Exquisite (Exquisite, #1)

by Ella Frank

I'm sorry to say this didnt work for me. The bones were there but no substance.

She thinks he's a jerk because he wont read a card and he ends there first date cause she wont tell him her last name??? There anti liking each other phase was pretty lame to say the least. I felt like I was reading a Disney book with sex scenes. I never connected with Mason or Lena and when that happens the rest of the book just doesn't work. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
DNF 90%

I'm going to be frank and say that the writing here is not good. At all. Had I walked away at 50%, maybe I would have still liked the characters enough to think positively about the book. But at the end I basically couldn't stand anyone. At least Mason had an excuse for acting like an asshat, but Lena didn't have to take it like a wet dish rag. I got that he could have been a little peeved about what she did, but honestly he should have been pissed at his mom, not her. After he had some distance he would have hopefully seen that, but Lena just blames herself and keeps apologizing. Ugh. I didn't want them together at the end, and just quit before they made up.

But then, maybe I didn't like it due to the lack of editing? It always annoys me when the author tells me things that have blatantly not been shown in the story. For instance, a character proclaiming that someone acts a certain way but there is no way they would know their personality because they had never met them before 10 minutes ago. Super pet peeve there, and it was in abundance here. Or leaving the (forced) conflict of the plot to the last 15% of the book, and trying to wrap it up in a nice bow. Most of this book was just normal dating stuff without any real conflict or plot. It was like the conflict was added as a side note at the end to avoid them just getting married and nothing ever really happening.

Despite all my issues though I ate this one up like popcorn til I just got mad at the characters, so something was obviously working somewhere. I think I just kept going in order to find out what the damn conflict was going to be. It's easy to spot once you get there, but it took to long to happen and then I hated how everyone acted about it. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
Exquisite was yummy! The cover is very deceiving. I don't know what I expected but what I ended up reading was not it- in a good way!. Yes, there were many steamy moments in the story (peaches is all I have to say!) but there was so much more. I think Lena and Mason were destined to be together except fate had been waiting for the right moment to finally have them meet face to face. The timing was perfect because they ended up needing each other to get through some very difficult tragedies. When one was weak the other had to be fiercely strong, I loved that about them.

On to Entice...! ( )
  GwendolynGrace | Jul 15, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book, but I found it was a little too much 'a day in the life of' for me. There wasn't a lot of stuff going on, and it was very simple.

However, the time line was really good! It spanned a very reasonable time-frame, also, the story was VERY believable and realistic. I enjoyed that about it the most. The humor was good, as was the writing style. However, the grammar and typos were VERY numerous!! This book could NOT have been edited by a professional, NO professional would have allowed sentences such as, "You're gonna to kill me." >you're gonna TO kill me???? How could ANYONE not notice this typo
I didn't find this book all that special. It was good, it was enjoyable, but it didn't wow me. And with the errors on each page, it is hard for me to get the inspiration to read the next in the series right now. But, I did enjoy the writing so, eventually I may read more from this author. ( )
  aVamp1r3 | Nov 25, 2014 |
Very hot, if you can handle the girlie parts! ( )
  gigi9988776 | Aug 25, 2014 |

Tormented by self-imposed guilt, Dr. Lena O'Donnell has spent the last nine years in survival mode. Struggling through days that seem to blend together and battling her way through each horrifying night, she's determined that this is what she deserves. Mason Langley's life is going exactly the way he planned it, until her. A confirmed bachelor and the successful owner of the hottest restaurant to hit Chicago, he never expected to be blindsided by an angry woman in a pair of scrubs.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,618,073 books! | Top bar: Always visible