The Mediterranean Slow Cooker Cookbook by…

The Mediterranean Slow Cooker Cookbook

by Diane Phillips

- one for lack of photos & - one for having to precook many ingredients on the stove. In my lazy opinion, I use a crockpot, so that I do not have to precook anything. I just throw it all in (at various times) and when I open the lid a few hours later: VOILA, I have my dinner.

The book is in a paper bound format, so if you crack the spine you'll lose pages. The pages themselves are a slick matt finish, so if you spill & wipe up very quickly, there will not be too much damage. There are very few photographs and the ones there are do not look appetizing to me.

Recipes: the title is in a larger thin purple font; the ingredients are on the side in a yellow frame; above the instructions is a short blurb about the recipe in a brown bold font; and the instructions are in a small (tiny) thin black font (making it almost impossible to read... and i wear tri-focals).

Contents include: Acknowledgements; Introduction (Where are we, Mediterranean flavors, Using your slow cooker, & A Mediterranean pantry); Soups; Meats (Pork, lamb & beef); Poultry (Chicken, duck, game hens, & turkey); Seafood; Pasta, rice & other grains; Vegetables & legumes; Sauces & condiments; Resources; and Index.

Swordfish Picatta;Moroccan Seafood Stew; Eggplant Moussaka; Pancetta & rosemary beans; Falafel in saffron tomato sauce; Olive oil poached tuna; Braised duck legs w/ wild mushrooms & almonds; Duck confit; Spinach & feta stuffed chicken breasts in lemon dill sauce; saffron braised chicken thighs stuffed w/ Serrano ham; Two big Italian meatballs; Short ribs Bourguignon; Moroccan beef stew; Lamb stuffed w/ artichokes & braised lemon in white wine; and Pork shoulder stuffed w/ prunes and port wine.

Nice recipes, but as I said, I couldn't see them.... Shame ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
There is a helpful list of ingredients to keep in "A Mediterranean Pantry" with suggestions for what to buy, and a wealth of information about Mediterranean cuisine in general. Some of the ingredients called for might be difficult to obtain (or more trouble to prepare). Substitutes aren't always suggested. There are only two or three recipes that I'll be trying. ( )
  terran | Dec 11, 2014 |

Savour the unforgettable flavours of the Mediterranean using a slow cooker! These 80 recipes are devoted to such iconic dishes as Beef in Barolo from Italy, Braised Basque Chicken from Spain, Bouillabaisse from France, and Spicy Tagines from Morocco.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,093,364 books! | Top bar: Always visible