Tethered by Meljean Brook

Tethered

by Meljean Brook

This is a novella (or I suppose a short novel since it’s nearly 200 pages) that takes place after the second book in the Iron Seas series. It was a fun book about an adventure that Archimedes Fox and Yasmeen Corsair go on. I enjoyed it and had fun visiting the Iron Seas world again.

It was interesting to follow the progression of Archimedes’s and Yasmeen’s relationship. I also liked that Archimede’s sister was in the story via correspondence by letter.

I really love the Iron Seas world with all its crazy steampunk gadgets, nanobot infested zombies, and alternate history. This is one of my absolute fantasy worlds in all the series I have read; I love it so much.

The book is fast-paced and action-packed; it’s a wonderful glimpse into the Iron Seas world and I would highly recommend.

Overall a fun addition to the Iron Seas series. I would recommend to steampunk fans or fantasy fans who don’t mind some romance. The Iron Seas world is truly amazing and I would love to see more books in this series in the future! ( )
  krau0098 | Nov 12, 2016 |
Yasmeen and Archimedes are blackmailed into helping a friend find a missing relative. I absolutely loved this short story featuring the main characters from [b:Heart of Steel|10558533|Heart of Steel (Iron Seas, #2)|Meljean Brook|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1307582794s/10558533.jpg|14654952]. They are both dealing with their emotional hang-ups while trying to take care of one another as they head into a dangerous job. I would love to see more of this pair together and I’m hoping that Brook will eventually decide to give them another book to themselves. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
Yasmeen and Archimedes, mercenary and adventurer, are settling into married life and finding a new balance while hoping to protect Yasmeen’s essential, ruthless reputation.

An old friend of Archimedes approaches – he wants help to rescue his brother from Eden; the impenetrable flying city that enslaves any it comes across. It’s an impossible mission – but the man will use any means in his power to force Yasmeen and Archimedes to help him

Probably not the wisest thing the man has ever done

I love the romance in this book – and how often do I say that? I’m normally not a fan of books with heavy romance elements.

Yasmeen and Archimedes love for each other is clear on every page, I don’t think I’ve read many books that convinced me how completely in love the main characters are. Mainly, because it shows me why. Not by long monologues or eyes meeting over a crowded room or descriptions of how very hot the other is (though we have elements of all), but by them simply thinking and caring for each other. Of them taking the time to make the other happy, to care for their feelings, to understand each other, to comfort each other, to spend time thinking of ways to make the other smile. They trust each other and show that trust, they’re sure to realise where the other’s limits and worries are, they give each other both the space and the support each needs

They are in love and it shows because they behave like people who care about each other. They show it, they don’t just say it. It’s clear in every interaction and the time and energy they devote to each other. It’s a perfect romance.

The plot adds a great foundation for Zenobia in the future (and explains some of the elements of Kraken King I was unsure on, like why she’s such a kidnap victim) and I love how both Archimedes and Yasmeen react to the plot – they’re good people, but they’re not fools. Your brother is tragically held prisoner somewhere that enslaves people and is nearly impregnable? Well, good luck with that – buh-bye. Because it’s not just their lives at risk – they have a crew they’re responsible for and the crew matters, they’re people, not just random background figures to be sacrificed at a whim

Read More ( )
1 vote FangsfortheFantasy | Jul 20, 2014 |
Kidnapped sisters, mini-tower control devices... taking a page or two from the Gift of the Magi Brook doesn't let the fact that Archimedes and Yasmeen have found their happily ever after stop her from throwing them to the rampaging zombies once again. Thank goodness!
Novella-length, but hang on because the story packs a big punch. ( )
  SunnySD | Jan 22, 2014 |
If Brook decided to make a serial out of The Adventures of Archimedes Fox (and his Lady) I wouldn't complain. This story had adventure, excitement, love and a full spectrum of emotion. I laughed, I cried, I was so angry I almost threw my Nook and my heart sighed, just a bit.

A stellar read. I highly recommend it. Even to those who haven't read the series. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,425,299 books! | Top bar: Always visible