The Zombie Chronicles by Chrissy Peebles
674178,380 (4)None

I enjoyed The Zombie Chronicles (Book 1 of 9). There was plenty of action, humor, romance, and intrigue. Almost all the characters are likable. There were a few moments of insane conversation, totally unrealistic for the situation they were in. But overall, not a bad book. I look forward to reading Race For The Cure (Book 2 in the series). ( )
  pamkaye | Nov 4, 2016 |
I enjoyed this first book in the series! Two brothers break their long-lost sister out of a military facility in a walled-in city just before she was to be executed. Zombies have roamed the planet for over a year and those in the protected city are dependent and rely upon their protectors, many never learning how to fight and protect themselves. Their sister was bitten, infected and sentenced to death. One brother had befriended a scientist and came upon test vials thought to cure the zombie virus, however, it could not be administered until the sister fully turns into the undead.

During their escape, their helicopter crashes in "zombieland" and they find themselves fighting zombies and escaping from hordes of the undead that tend to suddenly show up. During their trek, the three of them come upon other survivors - some are welcomed into the group and others try to kill them. Their predicaments appear hopeless without a chance of escape, leaving readers anxious and tense for the group's outcome.

The story takes place over the course of a three-day period of time, all along following the progress of the sister as she goes through the various stages of change. This book ends in a cliff-hanger that readers knew was coming, I was forced to purchase book 2 to find out if they succeed. Looking forward to getting back into the tale.

John Podlaski, author
Cherries - A Vietnam War Novel ( )
  JPodlaski | Oct 29, 2015 |
I enjoyed this story, a lot. It's probably YA, so there's no sex, but there was quite a bit of awesome zombie violence, so parents should use their judgement . The first part of the story moves fairly quickly, but it's really just background and character introduction. The main body of the story filled the two young men as try try to keep their estranged sister safe long enough to give her the supposed cure for the zombie virus. Fact paced, and just scary enough that I wouldn't recommend reading at bedtime. ( )
  LizaRobbins | May 21, 2015 |
Peebles always amazes me with her writing style! I'm not big on Zombies, but I totally enjoyed this one! ( )
  Lifeisfiction | Aug 30, 2012 |

Chrissy Peebles is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,243,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible