Stella and Dane: A Honky Tonk Romance by…

Stella and Dane: A Honky Tonk Romance

by Deanna Roy

This was a great short read. Sometimes the author had me laughing and a few other times I was crying my eyes out. The author captured the hurt and pain of losing someone that is very important to you. The author has a great way with creating a story.
Stella is only interested in leaving the one-horse town she lives in. The only thing holding her back from leaving is her grandmother. Then hot-shot Dane rides into town and Stella thinks for a minute that maybe there is something interesting in town.
Dane came to town to be with his brother. He had no other family after his mother passed away. His father is not in his life and it is just him and his brother. Dane is actually a great motorcycle mechanic.
Stella and Dane remind me of being back in high-school dating that guy who everyone said was bad news. You remember the one that you parents told you to stay away from. Take a trip down memory lane while reading Stella & Dane by Deanne Roy.
Thanks for a great read.
The bunnies and I give this book carrots.
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |
Stella wants Dane, period. She is ready to be rid of her small hometown for good but not sure if she wants to leave this bad boy biker who just came to town behind. Tragedy strikes...twice.

This is definitely a honky tonk romance (nothing typical about it.) While I really liked the characters & even enjoyed some of the scenes (water tower), I didn't feel like their story worked for me. I think the speed of it all had a more short novel pace. (I had a hard time connecting to Stella & Dane being soo dedicated to each other in such a short period of time.) Let me a little dis-interested. Not sure if I will read more by this author or not.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review from NetGalley. ( )
  Books007 | Sep 4, 2013 |
Twenty-two year old wild child Stella has been planning her escape from her small Ozark Mountains hometown of Holly, Missouri, for a bigger city for years. She even has a binder filled with photos and postcards of cities that holds her interest: St. Louis, Houston and New York. The only thing that has kept Stella from leaving is her beloved Grandma Angie, who has terminal lung cancer. Then a hunky bad boy on a Harley named Dane strolls into the perfume shop where she works and has her thinking maybe it would be worth staying in this one-horse town after all. Only problem is Dane has hooked up with a local skank named Darlene, but that doesn't stop the mutual attraction between Stella and Dane. One very HOT rendezvous on the town's water tower between Stella and Dane will cause a ruckus in the small town where everyone knows what goes on, and it will lead to a fatal encounter that will send Dane to prison and test the bonds of their love for each other.

Stella & Dane: A Honky Tonk Romance is a moving contemporary romance story that will take you on an emotional roller coaster ride. Set in the small Ozark Mountains town of Holly, Missouri, this passionate story is told in the third person narrative, and engages the reader to follow Stella and Dane's long journey of love and devotion. This isn't your ordinary love story, it has so much raw emotion, intensity, drama, passion, twists and turns that keeps the reader riveted as Stella and Dane overcome many obstacles along the way.

Rich in detail and vivid descriptions, the author easily transports the reader to the scenic Ozark Mountains and small town life in Holly, Missouri. As a fan of reading about small southern and mid-western towns, I really enjoyed the descriptions of the small town setting, I could close my eyes and picture the town of Holly with it's Main Street and shops and of course the water tower (that incredible scene will forever be in my mind... lol). If you're from a small town, you certainly can relate to the quaint environment, simple living and small town mentality of the townsfolk. I especially loved that the story takes place during the 1980s, there were so many memorable things from that decade mentioned in the story (like big hair and Aqua Net hairspray, songs from that decade, and the fashion style - jelly shoes, mini skirts and off the shoulder flashdance sweatshirts), it was like taking a fun stroll down memory lane.

The author has created a cast of characters who are realistic, intriguing, complex people who are easy to relate to. I loved Stella and Dane's characters, they simply intrigued me from the start. Their strengths, flaws, wildness, and passion won me over ... I just love reading about wild childs and bad boys! You can't help but feel for them as they work through the hard times and obstacles that come their way, cheering for them and hoping that their love for each other will prevail. I also enjoyed the supporting cast of characters: quirky Beatrice the perfume shop owner kept me in stitches; Grandma Angie simply stole my heart, I loved the special relationship she shared with Stella. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the characters I didn't like: skanky Darlene, every town has one of these women; and Vivian, Stella's overbearing and insensitive mother annoyed the hell out of me. The character's dialogue and interactions throughout the story made it a dramatic and entertaining read.

Stella & Dane is an amazing love story that simply captivates you from the beginning and holds you captive until the conclusion. This emotional story packs a powerful punch, the passion and intensity of Stella and Dane's love is inspiring and will resonate with you long after the last page has been read.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Goddess Fish Promotions.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2012/09/stella-dane-honky-tonk-romance... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Sep 6, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,453,137 books! | Top bar: Always visible