The Last City by Nina D'Aleo
201515,329 (4.17)None

I picked this up as a 'maybe I get lucky' read, by the end, I was thirsting for more. I'm a sucker for an author with an original thought, so "The Last City"s mix of cross-breed, android, magic, detective story was entertaining.

The authors has an easy to read style, making the book a little bit simplistic. But the story was fun and I have high hopes that a follow up will add depth, and build on this interesting universe. ( )
  dkowald | Apr 23, 2013 |

Scorpia - the last city of Aquais - where the Ar Antarians rule, the machine-breeds serve and in between a multitude of races and species eke out an existence somewhere between the ever-blazing city lights and the endless darkness of the underside. As a spate of murders and abductions grip the city, new recruit Silho Brabel is sent to the Oscuri Trackers, an elite military squad commanded by the notorious Copernicus Kane. But Silho has a terrible secret and must fight to hide her strange abilities and monstrous heritage. As the team delve deeper into Scorpia?s underworld, they discover a nightmare truth. Hunted by demons, the Trackers must band together with a condemned fugitive, a rogue wraith and a gangster king and stake their lives against an all-powerful enemy to try to save one another and their world.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,540,435 books! | Top bar: Always visible