Witch World by Christopher Pike

Witch World

by Christopher Pike

He does leave you on the edge of your seat as they say. The book in some parts are just weird. Not a bad weird but just weird. Stephen King meets Alfred Hitchcock weird.

I think her dad does not explain things well. The best person at explaining was Russ and Kendor.

Jessie/Jessica: I am still not sure what to make of her. At times I empathized with her and others I found her to be selfish and cold hearted. I think though that that was the author’s point. To make her a complex character-one with a myriad of emotions for us to tie to her. She goes through many transformations but still has a long way to go. Growing up has begun but is still a distance off. Understanding is there and so is compassion but her anger at times overwhelms both.

Jimmy/James: At first I really really disliked him. Thought he was a cheating no good dog but as you read on you see him as swoonworthy. A noble young man who overflows with love and compassion. I cried for him.

Russ/Russell: Loved him. He was wise beyond what I thought and even though hid it well was a compassionate and caring man. This wasn’t seen in the eyes of Jessie until it was too late. She saw it at the beginning but let anger and fear cloud her judgement-thus why I say she has alot more growing to do.

Whip: cute as a button. He is a example of what can happen when you are finally shown love and compassion.

Lara: on the fence but she is a majour party in this series.

Syn: Freaks me out and I wonder with the ending what more is in store.

Kendor: Love him. He is tender and wise. Sweet and compassionate a consummate gentleman and yet a warrior at the same time. One of the few that was open and honest. Willing to allow his past to show the way and guide others.

This book is a interesting take on the world as a whole and what can manifest when we allow our pain to become a addiction to give us pleasure. The world this takes place in is mystical and wonderful but vicious as well. When good and bad play out death follows and not always to those who deserve it. I wonder what the second book will bring us. ( )
  littleduck | Jul 31, 2013 |
H'es still writing?? How could I not want to read this?!
  pam.enser | Apr 1, 2013 |
Fast-paced paranormal thrills. Some romance though that's not the main focus. twin worlds premise. very mixed reviews on Goodreads! You either love it or hate it. Heroine's personality changes radically with what world she's in - that can be pretty confusing. Not for the science fiction newby. ( )
  DeweyEver | Mar 4, 2013 |
Well, that was a hot mess. Once upon a time I worshiped Christopher Pike. Obviously, it has been a long time since I was in middle school. This was not one of his even mediocre novels. Let's just say I won't recommend it nor will I be reading book 2. ( )
  LaneLiterati | Feb 8, 2013 |
Witch World
By
Christopher Pike

My " in a nutshell" summary...

Jessie goes to Las Vegas on a class trip and becomes a witch.

My thoughts after reading this book...

Whew...during and after reading this...I wondered what all the hype was about. I just didnt like this book at all. It didn't grab me, I didn't like Jessie at all, I didn't like the story line at all.
Ultimately, it wasn't a book I felt a connection to...it was an overall lackadaisical reading experience for me.

I hate saying that...I hate not liking books...I was so excited to read this...but I just really didn't like anything about it.

Final thoughts...

Devoted fans of Christopher Pike will most likely rave about this book. I probably should have read some of his other books first. I only blame myself for my feelings about Witch World.

Sent from my iPad2 by Patty!!! ( )
  PattyLouise | Jan 10, 2013 |

On a high school graduation road trip to Las Vegas, Jessie, still in love with ex-boyfriend Jimmy, discovers that she possesses extraordinary powers and the ability to exist in both the real world and an alternate one.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,021,987 books! | Top bar: Always visible