Rise by Anna Carey

Rise

by Anna Carey

Series: Eve (3)

So I can see how the books could end without the later added epilogue, but I'm so very, very glad it was added. It's reassuring on the one hand and adds new dimension and a much broader picture on the other. Eve herself continued to surprise me with her willingness to take massive risks. I loved this trilogy and might just reread it. ( )
  the1butterfly | Oct 22, 2016 |
Eve, known as Princess Genevieve, is stuck in the City of Sands as a new wife to Charles, the Head of Development. But as she tries to escape with Caleb, they are attacked and Caleb is shot. She then finds out she is pregnant with Caleb's baby. Working with insider rebels she is propositioned to kill her father to save the city from the injustices that are ensuing with a huge rise of slavery and decrepit circumstances. After an unsuccessful attempt of poisoning her father, he sends soldiers after her as the rebels begin to attack outside the walls. She grabs some innocent girls from the local Schools that have been brought in and the girls take off to Califia. After she arrives to safety she learns of all the deaths the king has enforced. She quickly gets back to the city where she kills her father as the rebels from the colonies erupt into the city, lead by her best friend Arden. The story ends with finding Caleb injured and running to him.

I loved the wrap up of the book! The books are action-packed with most ideas connected, and time elapsing somewhat appropriately. I really loved this trilogy. I wish I had purchased the books and will most likely add them to my collection when I find them, even though it's an older trilogy. Definitely work checking out if you like dystopian trilogies. ( )
  missbrandysue | Oct 2, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this ending. I think that Carey did a good job. She raises the stakes and Eve does rise up to them. Carey does end this book a very positive place. Eve has closure and hope at the end. The world has a chance to get better and Eve has a chance to live a happy life with Caleb and their baby. Having Eve be pregnant for this last part added to the tension. Carey gives some of the secondary characters some very interesting development. That was very enjoyable and that made some of the losses feel more sad. I hope that Carey does not do anything more in this world. She resolves all the plot problems and she did it very well. I would like to see her write in a different setting.

I give this volume a Five out a Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I was given this book as a gift. ( )
  lrainey | May 4, 2016 |
Eloise Oxer
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
I adored the first book in the Eve trilogy. It was a fresh and riveting dystopian book and the world building was fantastic. The second book, Once, was a decent read. Overall, I wanted to read it, but I didn’t enjoy the world within the City of Sand as much as I liked Eve living in the Dugout. The series finale, Rise, was a fast-paced read that tied up all the loose ends and I dove through the book! My only complaint was that the end wrapped up very quickly in the last 40 pages. I would have liked a more detailed resolution. Yet, I think Eve is a very interesting character and I wanted to follow her through her trials; she is a character I want to root for. ( )
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |

"In the stunning conclusion to Anna Carey's thrilling dystopian trilogy, Eve has the fate of The New America in her hands"--

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,074,414 books! | Top bar: Always visible