A Bloody Storm: A Derrick Storm Short by…

A Bloody Storm: A Derrick Storm Short (edition 2012)

by Richard Castle

Info:Hyperion (2012), Kindle Edition, 79 pages
Rating:***
Tags:2012

A Bloody Storm by Richard Castle

Of the three novellas, I liked this one the least. While it had the same quirky humour the other two had, I felt that it was wrapped up a little too soon. I wouldn't have wanted it drawn out to long either, but I wanted just a touch more action. I also think by this point, as I read the three back to back, I was getting a little tired of the characters. Especially considering they don't have much development through the entire mini-series.

The books are what, you expect, corny action sequences, catch phrase and generally, what you'd expect from this type of book. Action, innuendo, big guns, and in the end, everything turns out okay. But, it was a nice, fun read, even if it was a little cheesy.

Also found on my book review blog Jules' Book Reviews - A Bloody Storm ( )
  bookwormjules | Sep 2, 2013 |
I really don't have anything to say. just another book which had a good plot. nothing new nothing that stands out ( )
  ShreeJan | Jul 29, 2013 |
The final chapter to the Storm trilogy. I finished this in 2 1/2 hours at a Starbucks, leisurely sipping a chai latte. Despite the spelling errors, one of which Agent Showers was referred to as "Flowers" (it made me laugh), part 3 was a fitting conclusion to the mayhem a "resurrected" Storm endured.

When we left our heroes, they had just survived an attempt on both their lives. Upon surviving, Agent Showers was to be taken home, but was brutally abducted and tortured. CIA director Jones assigns Storm and 3 other "dead" agents to rescue her but also to claim their prize. A prize worth killing for. Can Storm and his new "friends" save Showers from a fate worse than death? Can they dodge all the bullets and leave unscathed? Will we finally know what happened in Tangiers? Find out in the last installment, "A Bloody Storm."

I sound like a old-time radio/television narrator just there, didn't I? I hope the authors write more Derrick Storm novellas -- I had a lot of fun reading all three. :) ( )
  philae_02 | Feb 16, 2013 |

Derrick Storm is back--this time with a crack team of ghost CIA operatives. These former agents have all faked their own deaths and now work for the CIA on a strictly secret basis, taking on dangerous and illegal jobs the agency may not officially carry out. They're headed to the Molguzar Mountains to look for sixty billion dollars' worth of gold hidden by the KGB before the collapse of the Soviet Union, and taking a perilous detour to rescue FBI agent April Showers from a sociopathic torturer. But Storm's loyalties are put to the test as the mission begins to unravel into a bloody mountaintop showdown, and he and Showers must find out the hard way that their assignment may not be what they thought it was...publisher.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,413,746 books! | Top bar: Always visible