Why We Fall Out of Love: Experts and Real…

Why We Fall Out of Love: Experts and Real People Talk about the Reasons…

by Laura Schaefer

I found this book very interesting. There were a lot of quotes in it but i didn't find an issue with that. I liked that it was a quick read and very understandable. ( )
  pluto6490 | Oct 8, 2012 |
Reviewed on Amazon UK on 23 Aug 2012
By MazPa

Why We Fall Out of Love: Experts and Real People Talk about the Reasons Relationships FailTook me a little time to get into this book but the facts were all there.
Some real interesting thoughts portrayed by both author and professionals.
The phrase "The final Love Killer is life itself" is so true and so thought provoking.
For me personally there were some "tongue in cheek" moments but no matter, this book would appeal to young and old alike.
A good and interesting read....and well written. ( )
  Thistle2 | Sep 30, 2012 |
This was a deceptively "easy read". There is a great deal of valuable information tucked into each section. I found myself "hearing" some of the same lessons I have spoken to my own children and others regarding relationships.

It was a bit off-putting to have so many quotes from others rather than original writing, but with such a universal topic, just getting the ideas and thoughts into patterns is helpful.

Although I have been married (to the same man) for 52 years, being reminded of revitalizing ideas is always helpful. Thank you, Laura. ( )
  GailIreland | Sep 13, 2012 |
I received this book in the "Member Give-away" Program in exchange for an honest review.

This was a topic I was very interested in...having had failed relationships in the past and currently starting out in a new one, I wanted to see if there was something I could do to make "us" stronger.

The book was interesting and easy to read but I don't know how much the author actually contributed other than organizing thoughts. It read more like a college research paper with the author just adding a few comments and transitions from one point to the next. The real "meat" of the book came from "experts" on the topics of love and why relationships fail.
IS this a bad thing? Not really. As I stated, the book was interesting and provided exactly what the title stated (experts and real people talk)...I just assumed one of those experts would be the author.

Some of the info I have heard before but there was some new/good points that really made sense to me. I am grateful for the free advanced read...I believe this book will help people look for some answers but it will not "solve" things for you. This is more of an introduction or a "be on the look-out for" level of information. It gives you good ideas of what causes love/relationships to go and it gives a few hints about avoiding those pitfalls but it doesn't go too in-depth.

Overall, 3 stars! Good book! ( )
  Disco_grinch | Sep 8, 2012 |
A quick and easy read about, well, why we fall out of love. Nothing more complex than that! Unlike most relationship books, it doesn't really try to tell you what to do. The book is divided into several chapters which list reasons for break up. Most are fairly obvious but, at the same time, not something we really think about. ( )
  Tavaresden | Aug 21, 2012 |

Laura Schaefer is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,608,073 books! | Top bar: Always visible