Addicted (Touched urban fantasy series) by…

Addicted (Touched urban fantasy series)

by S. A. Archer

322,001,085 (3.75)None

No tags.

Disclaimer- this is a review of all three shorts in this Part, Champion of the Fey, Addicted, and Scars of Silver.
First off it's hard to review these without giving a lot a way of the prior stories. So much of what is the basis of these stories comes from the others, and so I obviously don't want to ruin them for you. Each one of these little short stories, is a super easy and fast read, I think they are all around 20 pages, so it's not a bad read if you are short on time.

The world is pretty complex so if you are jumping into the stories in the middle you may need some time to catch up with everyone, or you may be slightly confused, although the author does a good job of contextualizing.

Each story tackles on small subplot of the bigger picture, and you quickly notice how interconnected they are. For instance, London has the Touch, and Malcolm being an Earthborn Sidhe would be highly desirable to people who have the Touch. And that is just one example.

The characters are coming more and more into their own, each with their own paths to take and growing into themselves more and more as things progress. I think this series is a fun read and it will be interesting to see how things evolve in the next round of stories. ( )
  HomeLoveBooks | Nov 5, 2012 |
London is feening terribly for the Sidhe Touch, and Sidhe are rare to come across, almost impossible to find. London is addicted and will pay any price for the touch. She meets with four newbie vampires who think they know of a Sidhe, when London mentions the magic she see a response the tells her they know where one is. But to see the Sidhe could cost London more than just money. Could the next Sidhe be worse than the first one, the one that cursed her?

This novella was a slower start for me. But in that I will also say it's setting up London's addiction, to make us aware of her condition since we left Cursed which was before she became to bad in her addiction. Also, it draws the world of creatures of night for use too. We see vampires with fey in this side of the Sidhe series'. The Touch Series is definitely, thus far of the three series', has more sensual and sexual nuances to it.

We meet a few new characters here. Rand, I can't say much other than he's not really a good guy but one for the money. And we meet Joe Lansing. Now I kind of like Joe, and I'm hoping we have future contacts with him. He could be a potential strong character to work with London, yet has his opinion on things that might not agree with her too.

London keeps trying to survive with this curse in the "right" way, or as close to it as she can. London is starting to see that might not be an option, any way she goes. One thing that stuck with me was no reason or goal was given for a "mission" London was sent on, as her payment, but I'm thinking this is what addiction does to you and you don't have to or want to know.

After reading this one, I'm looking forward to London potentially crossing paths with Donovan from the Rise of the Unseelie series. ( )
  MelHay | Feb 3, 2012 |

Archer, S. A.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ravynheart, S.secondary authorall editionsconfirmed

S. A. Archer is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,297,212 books! | Top bar: Always visible