Een mooie nazomer by Rosamunde Pilcher

Title:Een mooie nazomer
Authors:Rosamunde Pilcher
Info:Unieboek BV (Paperback)

The End of Summer by Rosamunde Pilcher

Jane lives in a shack in California with her rather erratic father. She accepts an invitation to Scotland to be reunited with her grandmother and other family members. Excellent characters, as is usual with this author, but the plot was a bit over-dramatic and ended rather suddenly.

Re-reading seven years later, I liked it rather more. Yes, the climax is sudden - and was the only part of the plot I actually remembered, other than the first couple of chapters - but I found the story ended satisfactorily, and enjoyed re-visiting the people in it. ( )
  SueinCyprus | Jan 26, 2016 |
Reread Summer 2005

I think it was under an hour to read, more a novella with just one quick plot line and no confusing side alleys. Sinclair Bailey ends up a much more tragic character than your typical romance novel bad apple, though. Fun to read, though many details are left annoyingly blank.
  amyem58 | Jul 3, 2014 |
After years spent living in the United States, Jane returns to the Scottish estate of Elvie, where she had spent a magical childhood. Memories of a lifetime spent at Elvie had always summoned the image of Sinclair to Jane's mind. Sinclair was the rakish man Jane had once dreamed of marrying, but now that she is home, she finds Sinclair to be an entirely different man from the one she had known. His enticing charm now has a purpose, and Jane can no longer trust him...or herself.

I enjoyed this book quite a bit. In my opinion, it was a very easy and pleasant read for me. I didn't think that this was a particularly earth-shattering story, but overall I gave The End of Summer by Rosamunde Pilcher an A! ( )
  moonshineandrosefire | Apr 16, 2013 |
Sweet, mild romantic fiction set in Scotland. ( )
  turtlesleap | Mar 27, 2013 |
A nice story - Pilcher always creates such characters that you end up caring for. One of her small novels.

Back Cover Blurb:
Sitting on a California beach at summer's end, Jane Marsh thinks back to her childhood at the estate called Elvie in a remote corner of Scotland. She remembers not only the heather-covered hills and the lonesome loch, but her grandmother....and, of course, Sinclair. She has secretly dreamed of marrying rakishly handsome Sinclair and settling at Elvie forever. Then an urgent visit from her grandmother's lawyer becomes the catalyst for her return to Scotland....where waiting for her is passion, not gentle love, and the chilling realisation that she may be ready to wed the wrong man. ( )
  mazda502001 | Jul 16, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312961286, Mass Market Paperback)

When you read a novel by Rosamunde Pilcher you enter a special world where emotions sing from the heart. A world that lovingly captures the ties that bind us to one another-the joys and sorrows, heartbreaks and misunderstandings, and glad, perfect moments when we are in true harmony. A world filled with evocative, engrossing, and above all, enjoyable portraits of people's lives and loves, tenderly laid open for us...

After years in the United States, Jane returns to the tranquil Scottish estate, Elvie, where she spent a magical childhood. Memories of Elvie had always summoned the image of Sinclair, the rakish man Jane had once dreamed of marrying, but now that she is home, she finds Sinclair a different man. His charm has a purpose, and Jane can no longer trust him...or herself.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:47 -0400)

After years in the U.S., Jane returns to the tranquil Scottish estate, Elvie, where she spent a magical childhood. Memories of Elvie had always summoned the image of Sinclair, the rakish man Jane had once dreamed of marrying. Now that she's home, she finds Sinclair a different man. His charm has a purpose, and Jane can no longer trust him...or herself.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,149,447 books! | Top bar: Always visible