Another Life by Keren David

Another Life (edition 2012)

by Keren David

Info:Frances Lincoln Children's Books (2012), Hardcover, 384 pages
Rating:***

Another Life by Keren David

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Another Life was a quick read but a fun one. The narration switches between two cousins -- one in juvie (and witness protection) and one looking for answers -- and culminates in a high-speed chase and a thrilling abduction with an unexpectedly sad ending. I wasn't thrilled with the book (and won't be continuing with the series) but it was a solid read.
  calmclam | Nov 24, 2013 |
A brilliant ending to Joe's story, I read most of this with my heart in my mouth! I loved getting to revisit Joe and so many of the characters, particularly getting to spend more time with Archie. ( )
  juniperjungle | Apr 16, 2013 |
  juniperjungle | Apr 16, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A quick, easy, fun read if you're willing to overlook some questionable plotting. The witness-protection conceit was difficult for me to swallow, and some of the ways in which Ty is outed just weren't believable. However, beyond that, the story was well-told and fast-moving, with enough intrigue to keep me turning pages. The voices of the different characters didn't change enough to really feel that we were getting a different view when the narrator changed, but it didn't interrupt the flow. A little too edgy for a middle school library but could work for high school populations with ESL or hi-lo needs. ( )
  livebug | Dec 8, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Two cousins, two lives, two voices, this book bounces back and forth between Ty and Archie. Ty is in the witness protection program for having testitified against some mates and a murder and Archie is his pot-smoking, irreverent more well-to-do cousin. There is an energy and excitement to t his book that is very engaging and I can see why the series is now up to 3 books- the publisher was nice enough to send the first 2, but i haven't gotten to them yet. I think it would interest both males and females and especially those who like excitement and intrigue. Very readable and I didn't have the same issue as the others did with the changing narrators. I read it in short bursts in between other things and never had a problem with who was speaking. It was fun.
  JulieBenolken | Nov 10, 2012 |

Kicked out of yet another boarding school, Archie couldn't be happier to find himself back in London with old friends and an exciting social life. But he's worried about his cousin Ty, who is facing a sentence in a Young Offender Institution and doesn't seem to be coping. And he's finding that his old friends have moved on and it's a struggle to keep up with their new lives. When he begins to learn surprising things about Ty, Archie goes on a mission to discover the truth about his cousin's past.… (more)

1 avail.1 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Another Life by Keren David was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,670,550 books! | Top bar: Always visible