In the Shadow of the Wonder Wheel by Carren…

In the Shadow of the Wonder Wheel

by Carren Strock

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really thought the premise of this book was really interesting. However, there were too many characters, and none of them were developed enough that I cared about them. I also felt there were too many twists in too short a book. ( )
  busyreadin | Mar 11, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really recommend this book. From the beginning it kept my interest. The fact that a baby is missing and everyone is convinced the mother harmed her --I can't imagine what this would feel like in real life. The plot was well organized and the characters flowed. I was a little little confused due to jumping around in time durng the first part of the book, but then it all straightened out. Fantastic first novel. ( )
  toades | Dec 17, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Awesome, awesome , awesome. Buy this book , great storyline, will keep you reading, believe me you won't put this one down. The characters were well developed and the story very well written. Stealing babies, etc. don't want to give it away to much, just get this book, you will love it. I could not put it down, seriously. I received this book through library thing to give an honest review, and honestly , get this book! Great Read! ( )
  bookworm1954 | Nov 25, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really got into this book. As a mother I was thinking.. what would I have done. Horrible what she had to go thru. Kept me on the edge of my seat and I was glued to the book most of the time. Highly recommend to ayone who loves a good mystery.
  justablondemoment | Nov 19, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was an enjoyable and fast-paced mystery. The characters were believable and the plot was easy to follow and entertaining. However, it seemed like it would have been better set in a small town instead of in Brooklyn as the people all had too many connections to each other. This didn't seem likely in an urban setting, but would have been more believable in a small town. ( )
  momweaver | Nov 15, 2012 |
The book gets your attention in the first chapter and holds you. Each subsequent chapter adds another character to the crime and keeps you on your toes. Her characters are intriguing and well developed. The plot was twisted enough to keep you guessing right until the last chapter
added by joannemonck | editLibrary Thing, Joanne Monck

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Carren Strock's book In the Shadow of the Wonder Wheel was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,587,994 books! | Top bar: Always visible