Elvis and the Blue Christmas Corpse…

Elvis and the Blue Christmas Corpse (Southern Cousins Mysteries) (edition 2012)

by Peggy Webb

Member:lindapanzo
Title:Elvis and the Blue Christmas Corpse (Southern Cousins Mysteries)
Authors:Peggy Webb
Info:Kensington (2012), Hardcover, 304 pages
Tags:read in 2012-12, mystery, 12 in 12 Challenge, Early Reviewers

Elvis and the Blue Christmas Corpse by Peggy Webb

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Elvis and the Blue Christmas Corpse is the fifth in the "Southern Cousins" mystery series. It does stand on it's own but I usually prefer to have read the rest of the series so that I know the background. However, I generally love cosy mysteries that are set around the holidays.
This one took some getting used to because the bassett hound has his own chapters and believes that he is Elvis reincarnated as a dog. He regularly "talks" in song titles (many of which I am not familiar).
The human characters, while being very close to too over-the-top, are pretty entertaining and quirky.
All in all, this wasn't my favorite but was fine to spend an evening with while it was snowing outside. ( )
  kcaroth1 | Feb 8, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A very cute story of Callie and her basset hound, Elvis, who solve murders. They volunteer at the mall with their family for a Christmas charity event. When Uncle Charlie sits on Santa's throne, a short causes a murder and Callie and Elvis are off to solve the murder with help from Callie's cousin Lovie and her almost ex-husband Jack.
The story is very cute and fun. It woud definitely help to read the whole series before reading this book, though and a reader needs to be in the right mood for the very fast dialogue of the story. ( )
  donna47 | Jan 20, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Great cozy book for Elvis fans! This was the first Southern Cousins Mystery I've read and although it can stand alone, I would recommend reading the first books in the series. In this installment of the series, someone has murdered Rudolph and Santa at the local mall. Because her uncle almost meets the same plight, sleuth Callie Valentine Jones and her cousin Lovie conspire to find the killer. They are helped by Callie's faithful basset hound Elvis and her almost-ex Jack. Full of quirky characters and Elvis songs, "Elvis and the Blue Christmas Corpse" is just what Santa ordered for cozy readers by the fireplace. ( )
  DarcyO | Jan 5, 2013 |
It's a "Blue Christmas" for the residents of Mooresville. Santa Claus may not becoming to town this year after one mall Santa and Rudolph are murdered. Wherever there is "T.R.O.U.B.L.E" you will find Elvis and his human, Callie, attempting to solve the mystery and find the killer.

This is another great book by Peggy Webb. What a unique idea to have Elvis return as a hound dog! ( )
  wearylibrarian | Jan 1, 2013 |
This is the first Elvis book I've read, I don't know the back story of this series, so it's a little hard to follow. I think if I had read the other books it might make more sence. ( )
  kresslya | Dec 16, 2012 |

Someone's ringing slay bells and Callie, her bodacious Cousin Lovie, and Elvis the basset hound who believes he's the King reincarnated must go on the hunt for a killer who's anything but jolly.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Elvis and the Blue Christmas Corpse by Peggy Webb was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,285,866 books! | Top bar: Always visible