Autumn Winds (Seasons of the Heart) by…

Autumn Winds (Seasons of the Heart)

by Charlotte Hubbard

Charlotte Hubbard has written a series of books called Seasons of the Heart. I just finished reading “Autumn Winds”, the second book in this series. I really enjoyed this book and the story of a quaint little town in Missouri where there are many Amish families. Miriam Lantz is a widow with three grown daughters who is making her living running a bakery and dining establishment. As she was baking early one morning an Amish man, Ben Hooley, has an accident in front of her establishment during a storm. She helps him in, gives him breakfast and makes sure that he is not injured. They form a strong friendship that quickly becomes more than that. As things progress, Ben decides to bring his brothers to Willow Ridge to start a mill. Bishop Knepp, a widower, has other plans for Miriam. He wants Miriam to marry him, mainly to care for his children. The problems that arise between the bishop and Ben’s plans to locate in Willow Ridge provide a wonderful story. I really want to read the whole series, because I’m sure I missed a lot by not reading the first novel in this series, “Summer of Secrets”. I can’t wait to find out what I missed.

I received a free Kindle copy of this book for my honest review from the publisher. The opinions expressed here are my own.

You can read my reviews on my blog at: http://imhookedonbooks.wordpress.com/2012/10/14/autumn-winds-b…rlotte-hubbard/
  SilverShrew | Feb 20, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is the second book in a series and I hate reading a book out of order but his is the story of a widowed Amish woman and mother and the potential romance that comes into her life. I like reading about the Amish.
  savedbyhisblood | May 29, 2013 |
A widowed lady, Miriam Lantz who runs the Sweet Seasons Bakery in town, is being pursued by two gentlemen. One is a traveling blacksmith and the other is the local Bishop. Miriam listens to God and her heart to find happiness.
  SABC | Apr 20, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Autumn winds is the second book in the "Seasons of the Heart" series. Miriam is a widow with triplet daughters. Ben is a traveling blacksmith. He is immediately attracted to her, but Miriam is reluctant to give her heart away again, and there is the matter of her beloved cafe's fate. Bishop Knepp is vying for her hand in marriage, and Miriam must turn to God and listen to her heart in hopes of finding love and happiness. This book reminded me of the Beverly Lewis books that I have enjoyed in the past.
  amerri | Mar 19, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book from early reviewers. When I realized it was actually the second book, I purchased the first one and read it. I really enjoyed the novel. It reminded me somewhat of Barbara Lewis's novels, who often writes about the Amish community but I did enjoy reading about such strong women within the community and really the interaction that happens between stronger minded women and bishops with whom they may not agree.

Overall, the novel was a quick read but kept me entertained and definitely interested enough to read any future novels.
  chutzpanit | Nov 28, 2012 |

The leaves are falling and there's a chill in the air in Willow Ridge, Missouri, the quaint, quiet Amish town where love, loyalty, and faith in the Old Ways are about to be put to the test.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Charlotte Hubbard's book Autumn Winds was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,594,109 books! | Top bar: Always visible