Little Death by Thomas Kriebaum

Little Death

by Thomas Kriebaum

2014515,329 (4.13)4

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a cute book that looks at a miniature version of death and what he has to deal with when collecting those who are dying.

The comics are a quick read and the depictions of each scene are sure to bring a smile to your face - whether it's seeing the unsuspecting person on the other side of the door be puzzled over who may be there when they can see through the peephole or the over-acting actress who thinks he's there for her.

If you like little comics that look at the lighter side of topics that are generally a heavy matter, this is a good addition to your collection. ( )
  oraclejenn | Nov 6, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This review will probably take you longer to read than to browse through Little Death. There's no doubt that this is a humorous tribute to the grim reaper. It is worth looking into... while you stand at the bookstore. Get it from your library, seek it out on the bookstore shelf, but don't buy it unless you're a collector of minimalist comic-style books. ( )
  blueviolent | Oct 30, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Little Death is an adorable little collection of silent vignettes starring an entity that must be a very special manifestation of 21st Century demise. The little scamp is persistent, selfish, and stunningly motivated to do his job, whether it means take in a tottering pensioner or a child's football. Kriebaum's two-color art is expressive and funny, laid out with deliberate pacing that does not rush the gag. Long story short: It's funny. I like it. ( )
  Magus_Manders | Oct 24, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a short little collection of stories told by way of dialogue-free comic panels. As you would guess from the title and cover, the star is "Little Death", a mini grim reaper, going about his business. Despite the dark subject matter, I find myself thinking of it as a very "cute" book. I found it quite humorous, and I really like the artwork. My main complaint is that it really is quite short. I got mine through the LibraryThing Early Reviewers program, but if I had paid the $14.99 list price, I would be pretty disappointed -- though an entertaining read, that entertainment goes by VERY quickly. ( )
  somegirl | Sep 29, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Little Death is a clever little collection of vignettes about Death making his rounds. It’s witty, slightly ghoulish, and reminded me a bit of Mad magazine when it was still good
. ( )
  amanda4242 | Sep 20, 2012 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Thomas Kriebaum's book Little Death was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,625,556 books! | Top bar: Always visible