Boozy Brunch: The Quintessential Guide to…

Boozy Brunch: The Quintessential Guide to Daytime Drinking (edition 2012)

by Peter Joseph, Salma Khalil (Photographer)

199537,190 (4.19)None
Member:ponder
Title:Boozy Brunch: The Quintessential Guide to Daytime Drinking
Authors:Peter Joseph
Other authors:Salma Khalil (Photographer)
Info:Taylor Trade Publishing (2012), Hardcover, 176 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Cooking, Cocktails

Boozy Brunch: The Quintessential Guide to Daytime Drinking by Peter Joseph

Parties and Brunch by Katherine (LenaLoves)
    LenaLoves: You'll love this one too!

Using for a Foodie Friday's post and it was filled with really good drink mixes!

Loved this cookbook!
  thehistorychic | Apr 3, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Breakfast is indeed the most important meal of the day, and is made all the better with the addition of a decent cocktail. This little book of recipes does an excellent job of providing a multitude of options for the brunch drink, from dairy- and coffee-based options to a few harder choices. Not just the classics; there's something for every occasion. These are interspersed with recipes for breakfast food, although I do wish there were a few more of these. A bit more integration between cocktails and dishes would also be appreciated-- shared ingredients, pairings, etc. All in all, however, it brings some nice ideas for a weekend morning. ( )
  rpeckham | Feb 10, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a great little book even if you don't entertain a lot. Not only are there drink recipes for any occasion, the histories of the drinks are included in many, the book is full of humor and quotations about imbibing and funny stories like the one accompanying the "Bob Hope Rye Lemonade". It's a wonderful addition to the kitchen bookshelf! ( )
  phlegmmy | Jan 9, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I've never entertained with mixed drinks before but have always liked the idea. This book made mixed drinks sound accessible - easy and fun. Many entries have a little food (er, drink) history in the introduction to the recipe, which is culinary catnip to me. Once I know the story of a drink, I want to have it. This is such a clearly written and organized book that I half-disbelieve hosuch information is packed within its pages. I was lucky enough to receive this book as a free review copy, but would have gladly paid for it had I come across it in a bookstore! A little treasure!
  HairyGromwell | Jan 8, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I like brunch. I love blood Mary’s and Mimosas. That being said, I really enjoyed the book. The recipes were creative and the writing engaging. For those that are foodies and enjoy interesting history niblets, this is a great read. It was fun to try the recipes and it was an added bonus to include hangover cures. I found reading the book in public sparks fun conversations. My friends and family will be receiving a copy with a good bottle of vodka and celery salt for the holidays. ( )
1 vote ponder | Nov 20, 2012 |

"With Boozy Brunch, you have your pick of more than one hundred eye-opening drink recipes and twenty-five food pairings, with entertaining drink histories and liquor-laden quotes from the famous and infamous. The first book of its kind, Boozy Brunch offers brunchy alternatives and revved-up variations to the classic set of champagne-based, coffee-based, or fruit or vegetable juice-based cocktails that will help you make the most of your brunch. Plus, you'll find a set of hangover cures for those still recovering from the night before"--… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Boozy Brunch: The Quintessential Guide to Daytime Drinking by Peter Joseph was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,715,986 books! | Top bar: Always visible