Mocked by Destiny by Michele Richard

Mocked by Destiny

by Michele Richard

I was so captivated by this story of young love. I enjoyed watching Stella and Stefan fall in love at first sight at the ice cream stand. I loved the fact that they vowed to be together no matter what and he came back for her as promised on there 18th birthday. He found her pregnant with their baby and couldn't be happier. They eventually got married, and went to school all while even taking some classes together. They also found the love of her mother's life for her by accident, and if you want to know how you will have to read the book. She had me by the first chapter feeling for Stella and all the tragedies of young love in her family and how she overcomes it. Michele is an amazing writer and really knows how to captivate her audience. ( )
  preysc | Nov 6, 2011 |
Michele Richard had me on an emotional roller coaster from the first page til the last page. I fell in love with the characters and truly wanted to know what would come of their lives. I felt that she dealt with teenage pregnancy in a very real and down to earth way. She did not glamorize what they were going through and showed the readers what real life is really like. I can not wait to read her next book. ( )
1 vote HeatherLandry | Oct 19, 2011 |
A great book dealing with the true, honest struggles of teenage pregnancies and how they effect friends and families, as much as the teens involved. ( )
1 vote llbilbrey | Sep 25, 2011 |
Teen pregnancy is never an easy issue to write about or convince others to read. The title really lives up to its contents. The reader will first note the author's ability to handle the situation delicately. Stella and Stefan could have had a bit more spark between them; Stefan is the charismatic bad boy and Stella is the slightly needy girl. The author does not sugar-coat things, she states them as they are. Financial and emotional issues are addressed and logistical issues are taken in stride. Stella, a once headstrong girl, has a very interesting approach to her pregnancy. The reader will enjoy the epilogue at the ending, it is always upsetting to hit a cliff-hanger. This novel is a very fast-read, the reader will not want to put it down. This book is recommended for young adults/adults who don't mind reading about realistic novels.

4 stars

Although I received a copy of this novel to review, this in no way affected my review. ( )
1 vote Icecream18 | Jun 23, 2011 |

Michele Richard is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,422,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible