Seattle Delight by Charlotte Stout

by Charlotte Stout

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byJerseyGirlBookReview

No tags.

Charly MacDougall is a thirty-two year old romance writer from Seattle. She's a simple girl who lives a simple life. She is not very versed in the sexual or relationship arena, in fact she is still a virgin.

Julien Vernay is a wealthy Frenchman, who owns vineyards in Provence, France and Eastern Washington state.

Charly and Julien meet in a local coffee shop and there is instant mutual attraction. Can two people from very different worlds find common ground and fall in love?

Seattle Delight is an enchanting romantic story about how opposites attract and fall in love. Written in the third person narrative, the reader is easily drawn into Charly and Julien's story as their two worlds come together and they try to find common ground as their relationship grows. The storyline is intriguing, the author engages the reader to follow along as Charly and Julien learn about each other, question their differences, and seek a love that knows no boundaries. The author has also thrown in a little bit of drama and suspense into the mix when a devious ex-friend of Julien's is not thrilled about the relationship, and he takes drastic measures to break it up. The combination of romance, humor and drama make this story all the more a compelling and enjoyable read.

The author has created a quirky cast of characters who are realistic and down-to-earth people. Charly has a quirky personality and lives a normal lifestyle that is easy to relate to. The only thing that annoyed me about Charly is that for a thirty-two year old woman, I found her innocence or naivete to be a little bit over the top for my liking, if she was in her twenties I would have bought into that part of her. As for Julien, my goodness I can just imagine hearing that sexy French accent, his interest in Charly definitely peaked my interest! The passionate love scene between Charly and Julien was steamy and worthy of two thumbs up! I would be remiss if I didn't mention Charly's mother, Josie, while I found her interactions with Charly to be humorous, I was a little bit put off with how she treated / talked to her daughters as if they were still teenage girls, I found myself shaking my head and didn't think it was realistic or believable. With that said, I do believe that overall the author did a good of providing a cast of characters that are engaging and fun to get to know. I especially liked how the author incorporated a dog into the story, Charly's little black and white Terri Poo Tootsie simply stole my heart!

Rich in detail and vivid description of the book's setting in Seattle, the author weaves a tale that transport the readers to the scenic location with it's famous landmarks like the Space Needle, Pikes Place Market, and Pugent Sound. The descriptions of Seattle and it's landmarks read like a virtual travel guide, I'd love to visit there someday.

Seattle Delight is delightfully lighthearted romantic story that will make you smile.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Goddess Fish Promotions.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/seattle-delight-by-charlotte-s... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Aug 8, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,733,077 books! | Top bar: Always visible