The America's Test Kitchen DIY Cookbook…

The America's Test Kitchen DIY Cookbook (2012)

by Editors at America's Test Kitchen

79None152,477 (4.2)None

No reviews

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 193649308X, Paperback)

With a good recipe guiding the way, homemade is always better. So why should today's home cooks stop at dinner? In this groundbreaking new cookbook from America's Test Kitchen, our editors and test cooks walk home cooks step-by- step through more than 100 of their favorite D.I.Y. kitchen projects, showing why everything from ketchup and corn chips to goat cheese and prosciutto turn
out better when you do it yourself. Another bonus: When you're in control, you can customize your D.I.Y. projects to suit your own taste. Want smokier bacon, tangier yogurt, or spicier mustard? America's Test Kitchen shows you how it's done right.

Our D.I.Y. projects are backed by the authority of the test kitchen. Let's face it: When you're investing your time and money in any kitchen project, you want great results guaranteed. With the experienced team at America's Test Kitchen leading the way, there will be no guesswork. Every recipe in this book has been kitchen-tested to ensure that it s not only manageable and fun for home cooks but, more important, also foolproof.

Stunning photography and detailed captions explain every step in every recipe. If you've always thought that making mozzarella, curing pancetta, and brewing beer sound intimidating, try our recipes. The combination of easy- to-follow photography capturing the recipe process and clear, approachable first-person captions by the recipes authors puts home cooks at ease. You'll also discover what inspires the people behind America s Test Kitchen the test cooks, editors, and staffers as they share the stories behind their recipes development.

A wide variety of D.I.Y. projects means that there s something here for everyone. Unlike typical D.I.Y. books that focus on one category, this book delivers a wide variety of projects, from jams and pickles like Grandma used to make to artisanal cheeses and cured meats that you usually have to pay top dollar for at a specialty shop. You'll even learn how to make many of your favor- ite store-bought guilty pleasures (think potato chips and chocolate sandwich cookies). The test kitchen has also developed recipes for beverages like root beer, cold-brew coffee, and vermouth. There's something here for all interests and skill levels, whether you're a seasoned pro or simply a curious cook.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:36 -0400)

The test kithen experts will guide you through more than 100 foolproof kitchen projects.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,989,165 books! | Top bar: Always visible