The Life and Love of Cats by Lewis Blackwell

The Life and Love of Cats

by Lewis Blackwell

192537,190 (4.33)None

One of the most beautiful books that I have ever read. The pictures in this book are amazing! The photographer is insanely talented and the author is a cat lover for sure! I adore this book and fell in love with it right away. I have four cats and if you are a cat lover like me than this book is for you. ( )
  Jennifer35k | Apr 28, 2014 |
Gorgeous photos of cats, domestic and wild. My one complaint is that there is quite a bit of text in a book that is so enormous and heavy it's impossible to hold. Maybe it's my *almost* 40 year old eyes, but I seriously couldn't read this without standing up and leaning over the table it was on. Cat lover win; format fail. ( )
  wwrawson | Mar 31, 2013 |
Cats have nine lives:
For the first three, they play.

..."The Life and Love of Cats takes us on an unforgettable journey--we travel from the homes of middle-America today, back to the demonized creatures hiding in the alleys of medieval Europe; from wild cousins on the plains of Africa to rare hybrid domestic breeds like the Savannah; and from fashionable show breeds to shelter cats lovingly rescued by volunteers. Starting with the earliest records of domestic cats 9,000 years ago in Africa and the Mediterranean and moving to the present, Lewis Blackwell weaves stories of one of humankind's closest companions with a collection of more than 100 unforgettable images"--From the publisher.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,448,309 books! | Top bar: Always visible