Chester the Brave by Audrey Penn

Chester the Brave

by Audrey Penn

179266,229 (3)None

I thought that this book was a little too long, which is why I didn't enjoy it that much. To put it simply and honestly: I found it boring. While there was a lot of descriptive writing, I thought that the story was a bit long. However, I did enjoy the moral of the story which was that it's okay to be afraid,it doesn't make you any less brave. I like that this story preaches to children to face their fears. I also thought that having all of the characters as animals was a cute idea, even if it may be harder for the children to relate to them. By giving the animals feelings, children can still find ways to form connections between the way the characters are feeling (when the Robin was afraid to fly) and themselves (if they've ever been afraid to do something). ( )
  alexavecchio | Nov 10, 2015 |
Preachy ( )
  melodyreads | Mar 17, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 193371879X, Hardcover)

Little Chester Raccoon, the beloved character who has helped so many children with issues in their lives, learns the meaning of bravery and a method for overcoming his fears in this new Audrey Penn title. After sharing the story of a little bird who is afraid to have flying lessons in front of his friends, Mrs. Raccoon tells Chester that being brave doesn’t mean being unafraid; being brave means not letting that fear stop him. Mrs. Raccoon teaches Chester an important strategy: Think-Tell-Do. When he thinks he is afraid, he tells himself he can do it, and then he just does it. Of course, getting a Kissing Hand helps a little too. This simple strategy can be helpful to children in many different situations.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:30 -0400)

A young raccoon learns the meaning of bravery and a method for overcoming his fears.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,929,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible