Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter by Jessica…

Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter (edition 2012)

by Jessica Sims

Member:thewalkinggirl
Title:Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter
Authors:Jessica Sims
Info:Pocket Books (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:***
Tags:paranormal romance

Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter by Jessica Sims

Ever since Sarah was turned, she has been on the run with her sister, hiding from those that would capture her because she is a wolf shifter. Now circumstances force Sara to go forward with a plan that is daring but dangerous. Sarah must convince the pack that she and Ramsey are true mates. Sarah suffered abuse from Roy, the shifter that turned her, and ever since has had a fear of being touched, and now she must prove that she is mated to a were bear, and scares her more than anything even though she knows in her mind he would never hurt her. Now they are thrown together, and must show affection, and before she even realizes it, she starts to fall hard for the silent yet hunk of a were bear Ramsey, and even though the odds are against them, their love for each other will set them free....Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter is the newest addition to the Midnight Liasons series. After reading the first one, I just fell in love with the world that Jessica Sims has created, and I think I enjoyed this one even more......it was truly an amazing read, filled with a tender filled romance that could reach any reader. I just loved Sarah and Ramsey together, their story was truly magical. Even though in the beginning Ramsey scares Sarah, there is a spark that lights up immediately whenever they are near each other. Its obvious even from the first page, the connection these two have, and I just loved seeing it grow into something extraordinary. One aspect I truly loved in this story that you don't see very often, is the hero being a virgin and never having sex before. I just love it when authors do this, and Sims did it with such talent, as if it was a normal occurrence in novels (when we all know it isnt). I also enjoyed the conflict part of the plot involving the other wolves, who try to convince Sarah she belongs with them, and I truly loved the danger aspect of the story, kept things interesting. Overall a sweet and sexy love story that will curl any readers toes, a story that will delight you, characters that will charm you, and a read you don't want to miss out on!!!! AN UNFORGETTABLE ROMANCE!!!!! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 2, 2013 |
So much better than the first book. It definitely helps that Sara is smarter than a box of hair, unlike Bathsheba. Lost me a bit at the end with the cliched dramatic rescue scene, and I don't quite get the push-pull between human laws and shifter laws -- that part of the worldbuilding doesn't seem terribly well developed. ( )
  thewalkinggirl | Nov 5, 2012 |
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

DESPERATELY SEEKING SHAPESHIFTER, book two in the Midnight Liaisons series, picks up right on the heels of BEAUTY DATES THE BEAST and focuses on werewolf Sarah and werebear Ramsey who are forced to pretend to be mates in order to protect Sarah from an abusive Pack that wants to forcibly claim her. It’s super flirty, super sexy, and super fun.
Sarah and Ramsey are a fantastic couple. Sarah’s been running for years after an abusive boyfriend bit her and turned her into a werewolf. Female werewolves are very rare, so the local pack is demanding she join and mate with them, and they are willing to go to any length to get her. The only way to keep herself safe is to find a pretend mate before the wolves get to her. In desperation, Sarah turns to Ramsey, an exiled wear-bear who works as an enforcer for the Shifter Alliance.

There were numerous sexy turns in DESPERATELY SEEKING SHAPESHIFTER as this very unlikely pair came together. What I especially loved was that there was an even give and take between these two. Ramsey helped Sarah learn how to shift and trust again, and gentleness is what allowed Sarah to boldly help educate him in the bedroom—yep, our big, hot hero is a virgin (due to some regulations from his former pack). Ramsey was this hulking giant who knew when to be tough and when to be soft. He was so selfless with Sarah in every possible way, and yet he would lose control as they were forced into greater and greater intimacy. Things got super, super steamy. And Sarah, despite her abusive past, wasn’t a victim. She recognized the things that triggered fear and bad memories, and she fought hard to break them and not let her past control her future.

DESPERATELY SEEKING SHAPESHIFTER gets everything right whether it was a frightening encounter with the psychotic wolf pack, one of Sarah and Ramsey’s scorching hot ‘lessons’, or a playful moment with one of the supporting–and future lead-characters. The Midnight Liaisons series definitely has long term relationship potential. Up next in the series, were-cougar Josh helps Sarah and Bath’s friend Maria in her quest to hook a vampire…before her secret ailment can kill her. It will be published in Summer 2013.

Sexual Content:
Scenes of sensuality and graphic sex. Attempted rape. ( )
  pollywannabook | Oct 25, 2012 |
My sister lay in a hospital bed, and it was all my fault.

A sexy supernatural male uses the Midnight Liaisons dating service to find the perfect mate--a she-wolf in need of a protector, but who is not afraid to explore her wild side.

58 wanted1 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,280,459 books! | Top bar: Always visible