Manage Your Stress: Overcoming Stress in the…

Manage Your Stress: Overcoming Stress in the Modern World

by Joseph Shrand

7None1,138,814NoneNone

No reviews

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031260579X, Paperback)

This book aims to give readers a full understanding of the how and why of the human stress response. While once a vital ancient survival tool, our biological stress response may now be in overdrive when confronted by the modern world around us.  Research has repeatedly shown that stress can cause physical illness if undetected and unmanaged.

And  is not always your stress that gets in the way of your success and happiness.  Usually it is someone else's stress that gets in the way of  your success and happiness.  What can  you do to help someone else with their stress so you can both be more successful?

Dr. Shrand addresses the deeper biological and survival reasons we experience stress, exploring ways to relieve your own stress but at the same time breaking new ground when he demonstrates how helping someone else with their stress actually helps you to be more successful -- because you are seen as benefactor, a person of value.

The underlying biological roots of stress have to do with survival -- we feel stress when we worry we are inadequate to the task ahead of us.  If we feel  inadequate can we still retain our value to the group on which we depend, or will be cast out to fend for ourselves in a world of predators.  Managing your stress in the modern-day world has to include managing the stress of those around you, and this book will show you how!

This book provides readers with psychological and physical strategies necessary to keep stress from undermining their health, their joy, and the happiness of those around them. These simple and practical strategies help relieve our stress, and the stress of those around us.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:16 -0400)

"This book aims to give readers a full understanding of the how and why of the human stress response. While once a vital ancient survival tool, our biological stress response may now be in overdrive when confronted by the modern world around us. Research has repeatedly shown that stress can cause physical illness if undetected and unmanaged. This book provides readers with psychological and physical strategies necessary to keep stress from undermining their health, their joy, and the happiness of those around them. These simple and practical strategies help relieve our stress, and the stress of those around us"--… (more)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,833,628 books! | Top bar: Always visible