The Hit by David Baldacci

English (51)  All (1)  All (52)
I goofed, I listened to The Hit By David Baldacci without reading or listening to The Innocent first. So at one point I got a little confused about the main character, Will Robie. Because of that I do not think I had enough back story this book. I did enjoy and was very eager to find our what happens next. There was more action than I am used too. That is me though, I have always preferred character development over action scenes. The sound effects were great on the audio version and I admit that I bounced off the sofa more than once. So my heart belongs to the character of Amos Decker in a different series.

By the third disc, my confusion vanished and I was able to relax and enjoy the story, I do like the female counterpart, Jessica Reel. I liked that she was strong, determined and an achiever. I don't know if she appears in future stories or not but I very glad that author created her.

Oh, I am not telling you about the story but just my reaction to the story. I still want to read or listen to everything David Baldacci writes. ( )
  Carolee888 | May 27, 2017 |
Freaking awesome again. I love how when I feel like the story is coming to a close it fires back up again. So many extra parts. Will Robie is quite the anti-hero/hero, hell, idk where he really falls. I like him and his judgement. I like how Reel is as badass as all the boys. Can't wait to see where the story goes next. I like all the characters from the last and this book, Julie, Vance, Blue Man, Reel. Can't wait to read more. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Another page turner! Pretty sure Will Robie is my favorite hit man :) I'm so glad David Baldacci has followed up "The Innocent" with this book to create a new series. I'm hooked and will definitely be reading "The Target" to see what Robie and Jessica do next. ( )
  lynnski723 | Dec 31, 2016 |
Fast paced, fun read. Our hero, Will Robie, is tasked to kill his accomplice and has second thoughts...just like last time! There's plenty of drama as he figures out who's the real bad guy here. As always, Baldacci's writing keeps the reader inside our hero's head. The characters are believable, despite their occupation. There's no apparent theme, it's just a fun novel. ( )
  buffalogr | Aug 16, 2016 |
To the cast and crew of Wish You Well, thanks for an incredible ride
Feeling energized by the death that was about to happen, Doug Jacobs adjusted his headset and brightened his computer screen

Will Robie is a master of killing.

A highly skilled assassin, Robie is the man the U.S. government calls on to eliminate the worst of the worst--enemies of the state, monsters committed to harming untold numbers of innocent victims.

No one else can match Robie's talents as a hitman...no one, except Jessica Reel. A fellow assassin, equally professional and dangerous, Reel is every bit as lethal as Robie. And now, she's gone rogue, turning her gun sights on other members of their agency.

To stop one of their own, the government looks again to Will Robie. His mission: bring in Reel, dead or alive. Only a killer can catch another killer, they tell him.

But as Robie pursues Reel, he quickly finds that there is more to her betrayal than meets the eye. Her attacks on the agency conceal a larger threat, a threat that could send shockwaves through the U.S. government and around the world.

Skilled assassin Will Robie is asked by the U.S. government to track down fellow assassin Jessica Reel, who has gone rogue, but during his pursuit of Reel, Robie realizes that her betrayal may be concealing a larger threat that could impact the whole world.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,075,287 books! | Top bar: Always visible