A Perfect Knight For Love by Jackie Ivie

A Perfect Knight For Love

by Jackie Ivie

I had heard some good things about this book, so I was excited to read from a new author, and I find myself feeling very disappointed. After trying to get into it for almost three days, I just couldn't get myself to finish the book. I read 2/3 of it, and even though there were a few things that occurred in the story that totally cracked me up. For most of it, I felt out of place while reading it. I think part of it was the flow of the plot was jagged and uneven and I had a hard time keeping up, and I only ended up confused. Also what also confused me is the dialogue. I have read many scottish highland historicals, and this was the first time it rattled my brain so much. I did however like Amalie, and at times I liked Thayne, but part of me just couldn't fall for him. I started out wanting to enjoy it, and it only ended up being a chore to read. So after three long days of trying to get into it, I just gave up, especially since there are many books on my plate that I need to get read. However I think I will try another book by this author sometime. I hope my next experience trying her out will be a ton better. ( )
  addictofromance | Dec 6, 2014 |
A Perfect Knight for Love by Jackie Ivie
Dunn-Fayne lusted after her, Amalie but by her telling them she was married to Thayne she was able to keep them alive and safe.
The baby, although not hers but Mary the one who had died after giving birth, was to be cared for.
They hoped to reach McGowan land where his troops waited for his return. It takes them many days and much deceiving of others and
Thayne gets injured.
When he finds out who she really is, he's not going to like it. She's hidden it so well, so far.
He's got secrets of his own as well and he's declared he loves her, for real.
She can proof once and for all who she really is with a letter that will save her husband's life, She hopes it's in time.
Love the detailed descriptions of the countryside and the castles. That's what attracted me to wanting to read this book.
Love the time frame and how things were done. ( )
  jbarr5 | Jul 25, 2013 |
Amalie has run away to get out of an arranged marriage. She left England to take the place of a governess. Thayne MacGowan is a Scottish knight with more problems than any one man needs, and he goes out and finds more. He has rescued an old friend from an abusive husband, the friend delivers a baby girl and dies. He decides that the governess is the ideal person to help him care for the child. Boy is he in for a surprise!!
Our villain catches up to them, Thayne tells him the baby belongs to Amalie.
Amalie says yes she's mine and we are married:) Now the pair are caught/trapped in a new problem. Because by Scottish law they are MARRIED. All this happens in the first few chapters. This is a great story. (*****) ( )
  Pebblesgmc | Apr 30, 2013 |

"With his reckless, drunken brother bringing ruin to the clan, and the lass he's loved all his life in the clutches of a violent husband, the last thing Thayne MacGowan needs is a spirited, sharp-tongued damsel to contend with- no matter how enticing she may be. Having narrowly escaped an objectionable arranged marriage, Amalie is starting a new life- with a new identity. But her freedom is cut short when a surly but irresistibly handsome Highlander is forced to take her as his bride. If only he knew who she really was. Fate designs an improbable match, and a battle of wills ensues. As Amalie struggles to protect her identity, Thayne finds himself fighting for an unexpected love- and a passion neither can refuse"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,454,452 books! | Top bar: Always visible