Look Ahead, Look Back by Annette Laing

Look Ahead, Look Back

by Annette Laing

411,664,912 (4)None

The book is "Look Ahead, Look Back" by Annette Laing ( it's #3 in the Snipesville Chronicles). I was a little leary at first reading this ,do to my not having read number one or two in the Snipesville Chronicle series . As I started reading though I found that I didn't have any reason to doubt that I wouldn't be able to follow along with the story line . It had my attention from the start and kept me wanting to keep reading more. This book is probably intended for a younger audience, but I found it to be a enjoyable read even for us 'older' readers . It tells the story of three kids who are time travelers. They travel back to the year 1752 ,the people they meet and the discoveries they encounter trying to solve a mystery in the present time. The discoveries they make in the past ( 1752) helps them solve a mystery now. It touches on slavery and injustice at that time and the hardships people suffered through in that time in history in America and England. You can tell that the author did her research well to make the facts as historically accurate as possible .I really enjoyed this book and because of that I and would also like to read the first two books in the series by this author.
flag ( )
  Katlvr3969 | Aug 8, 2012 |

It s big news in boring Snipesville when a skeleton is found in the park. But to reluctant time travelers Hannah, Alex, and Brandon, the discovery is a shocking omen of adventures to come. The Professor, their mentor, has disappeared. And if she s not the skeleton, who is? Soon, the three land in the distant year of 1752. Some people they meet, like ruthless planter Mr. Gordon, trust their own smarts to bring success. Others, like Sukey, a slave, think that what happens to them is pure luck. But Hannah, Alex, and Brandon quickly learn that for everyone in the 1700s, fortune s wheel is constantly turning. And at a time when ghosts, witches, little folk, and dreams can seem as real as slavery, greed, and cruelty, their choices, too, are very few indeed.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:13 -0400)

Annette Laing is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,706,343 books! | Top bar: Always visible