Avoiding Commitment by K. A. Linde

Avoiding Commitment

by K. A. Linde

--Want to know if the whole series is worth reading? Read my overall review of the whole series at seriesousbookreviews.com! Spoiler Free!

This book surprised me in a really good way.

Instead of being annoyed by the love triangle, I was intrigued by it and found it to be completely addicting!

Jack and Lexi are the very definition of an unhealthy relationship and it is interesting to see how it has altered their lives over the years with the flashbacks and present scenes. Instead of disliking Lexi for her actions, I found myself sympathizing with her because I could see how Jack's actions were affecting her. I didn't expect that at all and I loved how easily I sided with her (even if I wanted to shake her and say "girl you're so much better than him!")

There are a lot of interesting developments in this story and it is so much more than a love triangle romance. I was really impressed by it and can't wait to see what happens next!

Full Review: http://wp.me/p7hLUw-1Mc
Actual Rating: 5/5 ( )
  seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |
oh oh oh.. well. This book has everything: romance, drama, twists and a fabulous soundtrack.

At first, when i saw the cover, I thought: "not another book where all the plot is about the characters in bed, please".
Now, after reading it, I completly understand when people say: Don't let the cover fool you. Or something like that.

Even though at the beginning I didn't really understand what was going on, the way that the chapters alternate between flashbacks and the present really make people to get quickly immersed in the story. I had to stop reading this book several times because I could not believe what was happening. All I wanted was to take Lexi and Jack, put them on a plane (or private jet) and leave them on a deserted island to force them to be together ... and ALONE.

But as they were revealing more details, I could just scream mentally: LEAVE HER ALONE. LEAVE HER ALONE.

I feel like I can not talk about Jack and Ramsey without saying more than I should, so I just say that, when I finally realized where Ramsey had met Lexi, I had to go back and read again, and I hit my head while I asked myself: how I did not notice before?

Although Lexi can be, and it is, quite frustrating, I must say that all the characters are very well written. And I like the change of heart that can produce this book, where you start feeling something for a character and end up feeling the opposite. ( )
  Glire | Jun 22, 2016 |
Well knock me over with a feather!!!! Honestly half way trough reading this book i thought i wouldnt finish it, main reason being the main characters. Their relationship is so twisted and toxic it got me throwing my hands in the air and shouting at the screen many a wonderfull times. Here it goes..

Lexi was in love with Jack for six years and their relationship has never been healthy. Lies, cheating and pain took the highlight away from what a relationship should be, in essence making one happy. But sadly for Lexi it is one of those relationships that are so intense and full of chemistry and lust that override all common sense and eventualy lead to the only possible end...getting hurt

I usually stay clear from weak female leads because it makes me want to slap some sense in them more often then not and my annoyance messes up my whole book reading experience. I thought that this would be one of those.....In the end the last two chapters pick this book up from the ashes of the shit pile and blast it into orbit of amazingness!!! I will most deffo read more books of this series... ( )
  IvieHill | Aug 6, 2015 |
Perfect! I loved EVERYTHING about this book. If I could give it more than 5 stars I would! Before I decided to read it I accidentally took a peak at the description for the second book so I sort of new where things were headed (oops) That being said I was able to prepare myself which I think helped a lot. I felt everything that Lexi went through, I understood every move she made and why! She could have easily been me! I loved her, best lead female character I've read about in a long time! The story was soooo good! I can't say enough about it! An emotional roller coaster for sure but totally worth it!

I also loved the nod to S.C. Stephens's Thoughtless series with the D-bags t-shirt!

**Spoiler Alerts from this point on...

Unbelievable! I felt all of Lexi's emotions, falling in love with Jack, hope that things would develop into a real relationship between them, desperation when it looked like things weren't going that way, her shock and heartbreak when she eventually realized that Jack was a douche and finally feelings of closure. Jack didn't deserve her. He had his chance to be with her and he screwed it up (on purpose I'm sure). It all boiled down to the fact that Jack just really didn't want to be with her bad enough. He was good at the head games. He even admitted to her that when he was around her he wanted to be with her and when he wasn't around her he wanted to be with other people. When given the option to choose who he wanted to be with, it wasn't her. Enough said! Lexi finally realized that he didn't love her the way she loved him and that she had been fooling herself this whole time. It was like this real "wow" moment for me! The only thing that I wish that Lexi would have done was smack Bekah too! That b***** tried to come across as this genius puppet master but she's just as pathetic for getting engage to a guy who just slept with his "ex-non girlfriend" the same night he proposes to her. I don't feel bad for Jack not one bit, he was selfish and deserves to be with Bekah, if not alone for the rest of his life.

Now the next book I suppose includes Lexi and Ramsey trying to make a go at things. I don't have an opinion of Ramsey yet. I can't say I like him or dislike him but a fling with him was not appropriate given the situation as it was unfolding. Also how awkward and painful will it be for Lexi to be with the brother of her ex-non-boyfriend-who-completely-ripped-out-her-heart's (possible) wife!?! Either way I cannot wait to read it!
  GwendolynGrace | Jul 15, 2015 |
First off, I'd like to say that the 1 star is emotionally based, not on how well written the book is. The book is very well written actually...

If I had 1 word to describe this book, it'd be INTENSE.
Given a few more, I'd add; FRUSTRATING, HEART BREAKING, PAINFUL, UNSATISFYING, INFURIATING,CAPTIVATING, and ADDICTIVE.

And like most addictions, it's not good for you!! Even though this book was very well written, it was meaty, engrossing, and well developed, it had me sick to my stomach, pissed off, hurt, and frustrated! And there just was no relief! There wasn't a good enough balance of pain to pleasure, it was all just heartache.

Actually, half way through it I got a baad feeling about the outcome of this book, so looked at the reviews and spoilers for the next one, and HATED, absolutely HATED what the readers were saying took place in it, so I quit reading this. And even the next day, my stomach is still all tied up in knots! HATED this book!!

..............-------Slight spoiler------....................
And as for the leading lady, I thought her an idiot. The heartthrob at first I really liked, but then he did some absolutely heartless, selfish, unforgivable stuff, and I found myself loathing him. And yet, the idea that they don't get together was heart breaking, I didn't want her to end up with the other guy!! I don't care if he's a 'better man' or not.

I hate love triangles!!!!! HATEZ THEM. ( )
  aVamp1r3 | Nov 25, 2014 |

Jack and Lexi never had a typical relationship. After two years without speaking, he calls and asks her to convince the new girl, Bekah, that he's ready to commit. Lexi can't believe it! She makes the trip to Atlanta, but will she get the closure she desires from Jack... or will new relationships unravel into a disaster?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,483,415 books! | Top bar: Always visible