Saviours of Oestend by Marie Sexton

Saviours of Oestend (2013)

by Marie Sexton

Series: Oestend (2)

From my RR comments:
Wow, what a strange (but glorious) book, so full of surprises. I assume some of those surprises are covered in the first book, which I did not read, but I think I liked them being surprises. Cami is an absolutely lovely character, the weird edge to the story really worked for me, and the ritual orgy put it over the top. Probably not a read for everybody, but I quite enjoyed it. ( )
  bibrarybookslut | Jul 5, 2017 |
This like never happens, but I liked this one a lot more than the first one. I still thought it was a little long, but I loved Cami, and I'm so glad Dante didn't freak out or take too long to get over his shock when he found out her secret. I also like that Cami was referred to as she/her/female through the whole book by pretty much everyone except for a couple of disagreements or discussions. I find it confusing when transgender characters are referred to differently by different people as it makes it hard to keep up or know who they are talking about.

I do wish Simon and Frances's relationship was alittle different, but I can't say I'm surprised after reading The Letter Z. Not everyone in Marie Sexton's books get the HEA I think they should, but it apparently works for them, so I can't be too upset about it. ( )

DreZ | Jan 15, 2015 |
Not the typical m/m romance. I enjoyed the transgender aspect and felt it was wrote beautifully. It was unexcepted and thoughtfully done. Four stars. Highly recommend. ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |

Marie Sexton is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,080,034 books! | Top bar: Always visible