The Lovesick Cure by Pamela Morsi

The Lovesick Cure

by Pamela Morsi

Well done, Pam Morsi!

The hill people were depicted with love and a soft brush -- dispelling the cliched Hillbilly tag.
The central character, Aunt Will, was a wonderful, powerful character. No spoilers, but I cried at the end!

The love story was well done, yet different. The secondary characters were well-rounded and real.

Forgive me, I don't repeat the plots in my reviews - put pick this one up - you won't be disappointed! ( )
  Laura_Drake | Aug 19, 2016 |
I found a new author to read! Though at first I was a bit leery of the remote Ozark setting (a hero named Piney? Jesse, the heroine, wearing a stinky poultice to bed for six consecutive nights? having to read about that same poultice being--literally--ripped off her skin each morning? and worst of all--a character living in a cabin with NO SHOWER? the horror!), I found myself quickly drawn into the lives of the characters and barely even noticed that Piney's teen-aged son went by the moniker of Tree. ;)

There were so many things to like about this book. The development of Piney and Jesse's relationship felt completely natural, and their dialogue, both external and internal, was great. Jesse's Aunt Will was a real character--I loved her wisdom, whether she was handing out cures and advice or just giving moral support. Her way of "knowing" things was spooky, but believable. I've read quite a few books this past year that have attempted to capture the feeling of small-town charm, but none have done so quite as well as this one. As I read I kept thinking, yes! this is how small-town life should be! (Ah, fiction....) The side story between Tree and his girlfriend Camryn was nearly as engrossing as Piney and Jesse's. I can only hope my own teenagers will put as much thought into their futures as these two (eventually!) do.

In all, I didn't want this story to end--though since I had a hard time putting it down, it did end all too quickly. I was thrilled to see that many of the author's other stories take place in the same town of Marrying Stone--I will definitely add them to my "to read" list. ( )
  beckymmoe | Apr 3, 2013 |
When Jesse Winsloe loses her job & her fiancee she wants to run away for a while. She runs to her Aunt Will who as the perfect Lovesick Cure, it doesn't smell to pretty but in six nights suppose to make her forget all about her lost love. In the midst she meets handsome Physician Assist Piney Baxley, who is busy taking care of the mountains sick, and raising a teenage son. Jesse & Piney come up with their own cure for the love sick, will it turn into a love everlasting.
This was a great book full of laughter and tears. ( )
  MinDaf | Sep 7, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 077831376X, Mass Market Paperback)

For Jesse Winsloe, the answer is clear: head into hiding. Single again and laid off from work, Jesse flees to Onery Cabin to lick her wounds with her ancient aunt Will—a Granny woman with the secret to healing the lovelorn.

Sure, Onery Cabin may be right out of Hollywood's Lifestyles of the Poor and Hillbilly, but Marrying Stone Mountain has its charm—including the local physician's assistant, Piney Baxley, a past recipient of Aunt Will's pungent "heartbreak poultice."

Between folk remedies and a "no strings attached" romance, Jesse is beginning to think she's found her own brand of lovesick cure—because there's nothing like a pinch of confidence and a dash of attraction to mend a broken heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:45 -0400)

For Jesse Winsloe, the answer is clear: head into hiding. Single again and laid off from work, Jesse flees to Onery Cabin to lick her wounds with her ancient aunt Will--a Granny woman with the secret to healing the lovelorn. Sure, Onery Cabin may be right out of Hollywood's Lifestyles of the Poor and Hillbilly, but Marrying Stone Mountain has its charm--including the local physician's assistant, Piney Baxley, a past recipient of Aunt Will's pungent "heartbreak poultice." Between folk remedies and a "no strings attached" romance, Jesse is beginning to think she's found her own brand of lovesick cure--because there's nothing like a pinch of confidence and a dash of attraction to mend a broken heart.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,404,786 books! | Top bar: Always visible