Trust Me, I'm a Vet by Cathy Woodman

Trust Me, I'm a Vet (2010)

by Cathy Woodman

review

2 women attend the same vet school and become friends. One of the women opens her veterinarian practice and desperately needs a vacation with her husband. After hearing of her girlfriend's breakup with her boyfriend, she calls upon her friend for her assistance. Her friend, Maz, agrees to be her relief while she's on holiday. Maz soon finds out that she doesn't belong in the country, which is where her friend's practice is. She is a city girl and finds it rather dull in the country.

It is dull until she finds out that they have a lamb shearing contest among other events. She tries to win over the country folk but they are set in their ways. And then, there's a problem with the veterinarian who's been in the area for a long time. It's a rivalry that she can't ignore.

This is wonderful read. It will have you laughing, crying and there's a hint of romance in it also. ( )
  suzanne5002 | Feb 8, 2015 |
City Girl, Country Vet turned out to be a better story than I had even hoped! I loved it! The writing was so wonderful, I was immediately drawn in. In fact I stayed up into the early morning hours just to finish it; I did not want to put it down!

Maz (I have to admit I love her name, it fits her!) is an English vet. Her friend Emma is also a vet, they went to school together. Now Emma needs Maz’s help to run her country practice while she and her husband go on a 6 month holiday. Maz, who is a city girl, finds life in the country not at all what she expected. From trying to save Emma’s practice to trying to save animals from a burning house, Maz has her hands full.

It wasn’t until I was finished reading did I find out that this book was printed earlier under a different title and is the first in a series. I am really excited about that and I cannot wait to read the rest of this series. ( )
  dpchapman | Sep 9, 2012 |
To my family and friends - both human and animal
It's a far cry from Starbucks.

When she agrees to look after her best friend's veterinary practice in the English countryside, London veterinarian Maz Harwood must win over the locals, save her patients, and stay away from her rival's dashing son.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,077,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible