A Love Untamed by Pamela Palmer

A Love Untamed

by Pamela Palmer

A Love Untamed
3 Stars

The divisions among the Feral Warriors are emphasized when the original nine are faced with the knowledge the the newly discovered seventeen are either the best or worst their lines. The warriors problems are only compounded when Kara is kidnaped by one of the evil Ferals. As they search for the missing Radiant, Kieran aka Fox must work with Melisande, the coldest and most merciless of the Ilinas, who is apparently his predestined mate. Betrayed in the past by Therians, Melisande finds it difficult to trust Fox, but finds herself inevitably drawn to him. Will the two be able to get past their personal issues and work together toward a common goal?

An improvement on the previous book, but does not approach the quality of the first few installments.

The developments in the ongoing story arc are compelling. However, the journey through the labyrinth that Fox and Melisande undergo lacks a certain intensity that would make it completely absorbing and exciting. The rescue and battle at the end are also anti-climactic.

While Melisande has been a secondary character in previous installments, Fox is relatively unknown. Consequently, there is a need to present both of their backstories in a short period of time resulting in a lack of sufficient detail for the reader to identify or empathize with. Fox and Melisande come across as one dimensional and their romance feels forced and unbelievable.

Grizz and Lepard’s quest is far more interesting, but not enough page time is dedicated to it and readers are left hanging. New information is also provided on Wulfe’s history and as he is the most mysterious and enigmatic of the warriors, I am looking forward to his book. Hopefully, it will live up to expectations. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
As a fan of the Feral Warriors I really enjoyed this book! It isn’t perfect but it is an enjoyable addition to this great paranormal romance series. There were just a few things that I really didn’t like…

It is mentioned that one of the evil Feral Warriors is bad because he is a pedophile. The good news is that they don’t go into any real details about this because if there had been I wouldn’t have been able to finish this book. This kind of thing disgusts me and I do not have the stomach to read about it.

The only other thing I didn’t like was how much of a playboy Fox was even after he had met Melisande and had started feeling something for her. I get it that it wasn’t love at first sight for him but for him to be such a flirt got on my nerves a bit.

Otherwise A Love Untamed has an interesting plot that kept me so interested I didn’t want to put it down. It was so nice to see the other couple together and I am can’t wait for the next book in this series to be released! ( )
  dpchapman | Jan 1, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062107518, Mass Market Paperback)

They are called Feral Warriors—an elite band of immortals who can change shape at will. Sworn to rid the world of evil, consumed by sorcery and seduction, their wild natures are primed for release . . .

The newest member of the elite Feral Warriors brotherhood, Fox is eager to prove himself on the frontlines of battle against the Daemons. When paired with the legendary Ilina warrior Melisande, he expects the fierce beauty to quickly fall under the spell of his quite considerable charm. Instead, he finds himself spellbound by a woman who's his match in every way.

Beneath Melisande's brittle exterior lies centuries of pain and a violent hatred of all shape-shifters—a hatred that slowly crumbles after she and Fox are caught in a deadly and cunning Mage trap and she glimpses a surprising depth in her far-too-seductive partner. Their survival demands unconditional trust—and their salvation surrender to a wild, untamed love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:51 -0400)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,106,051 books! | Top bar: Always visible