Empty Arms: a novel by Erika Liodice

Empty Arms: a novel

by Erika Liodice

Although at times heart-wrenching, this was a really enjoyable story. There were a couple coincidences that seemed a little farfetched and it was pretty easy to guess how the story was going to end, but overall a good book. The book kept a good pace so there weren’t any “slow parts” and I enjoyed almost all the characters, even the ones who weren’t very likable. I definitely recommend this book. ( )
  lynnski723 | Dec 31, 2016 |
I found this by accident today, downloaded it and read it in Nader 4 hours. As an adoptive mother myself, I loved reading about a birth mother's point of view. A lovely book! ( )
  sandra.k.heinzman | Apr 2, 2015 |

Catharine Chase’s entire life is built on a secret. In 1972, at the tender age of sixteen, she got pregnant. An embarrassment to her parents, Catharine was exiled to a maternity home to carry out her pregnancy far away from the watchful eyes of their tight-knit community. What they didn’t tell her is that she wouldn’t be allowed to keep her baby. With her daughter’s screams still echoing in her ears, the medical staff told Catharine she’d move on with her life and have more children, they promised she’d forget. But they were wrong. Catharine never forgot Emily. And when she and her husband, Paul, learn that they can’t have children, she risks her job, her marriage, and her family’s reputation in a desperate attempt to find the daughter she never wanted to give away and reclaim her only chance to be a mother.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:44 -0400)

When Catherine got pregnant at 16, she was sent to a maternity home far from home to have her baby. No one told her that she couldn't keep her child. They said she would forget and move on with her life, but Catherine never forgot. Discovering that she and her husband can't have children, Catherine will risk her job, her marriage, and her family's reputation to find the daughter she never wanted to give away and reclaim her only chance of being a mother.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,301,471 books! | Top bar: Always visible