Above All by Jane Elliot

Maybe I'm full of of plots and stories that almost nothing seems to spark my level of interest, but that is not the case with Above All. Even if I was very busy, and sincerely I didn't have many time, these two men and their story was always there, in the back of my mind, asking me to continue reading and knowing what was their happy ending. Cause Above All is a romance, almost sweet sometime, not really about the sex, more about the romance.

Truth be told, while Brian, with his troubled past but clearly good heart is for sure a romantic hero, Jasper for sure isn't; Jasper is actually mean with most people, friends included, and without realizing it, he is mean also with Brian, whom sincerely doesn't need it, on the contrary, he needs to be taken care, to be nurtered, and yes, even pampered a bit.

Sure, Jasper's bad behaviour isn't specifically towards Brian, Jasper is Jasper, he is bad with everyone; it seems Jasper likes to plot vendetta plans, and to realize them. Even if, most of the time, Jasper is the one on the wrong side. And instead Brian, who will have all the rights to plan vendetta, is the first to be willing to forgive, to give without asking, even when he has nothing basically to give.

Anyway, I loved this story, from the main characters, to the supporting, to Barney the cat... everyone was perfect.

elisa.rolle | Sep 23, 2014 |
2.5 stars. I know there were some reviews on how this was originally Stargate fanfic, but since I've never watched the show (or read any of the fanfic) that didn't bother me. While the beginning caught my attention, the actions of Jasper's 'friends' totally ruined the rest of the book for me. Who needs friends like that? Plus the sex scenes were just awkward and not sexy at all.
  vampkiss | Oct 23, 2013 |
Cute, but required too much suspension of disbelief to be a completely comfortable read. Not my favorite from this author. ( )
  sharrow | Sep 21, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,038 books! | Top bar: Always visible