Judgment by Mary Calmes

Judgment

by Mary Calmes

711,138,814 (4)None

'Judgment' is a great story and an amazing book: hot, action-packed, and thoughtfully written. And while it’s a great love story, it’s also much more. Mary Calmes has developed a world in 4510 where time travel technology is available, then looks at the consequences of that ability when left in human hands.

Jeritt is a loyal agent, a time scourge, who serves the organization patrolling cracks in time without thinking. He’s a good little soldier who follows orders first, asks questions later (if at all). I didn’t really connect to him in the beginning, but when his transformation into a thinking human being starts, I really got to like him. It was interesting to see ‘the new him’ act and react to the people around him and, ultimately, try to save his husband, Frost. The character growth was huge, and well done for such a relatively short book.

Frost and Brekin are both vital supporting characters. While Frost is Jeritt’s love and husband, and the object of all of Jeritt’s efforts, Bekin is his previous working partner and best friend. The conflict between them, and the process of figuring out how to fix what went wrong, is fascinating and totally enthralled me. Brekin may start as the villain, but, like Jeritt, he too has a transformation to go through.

I have always wondered what we would do if we ever discovered the ‘how’. I can’t help but think that we have already messed up our physical environment, what would happen if we started to play around with our temporal surroundings? Even if time travel were regulated by some ‘all-knowing’ organization the potential for irreparable damage and hidden agendas is huge. This story takes that idea and shows one possible scenario. Needless to say, the picture is sobering!

If you like time travel stories and don’t mind a slight headache from trying to figure out all the paradoxes that come with the territory, if redemption is a theme that fascinates you, and if two very sexy and loving men fighting for their relationship across millennia are your thing, you will probably like this story as much as I did. It‘s one of the best time travel stories I have read in a while and, as far as I am concerned, the sequel cannot come soon enough!

NOTE: This book was provided by Dramspinner Press for the purpose of a review on Rainbow Book Reviews.
  SerenaYates | Oct 14, 2017 |

Jeritt Troy is a Scourge, a guardian tasked with patrolling cracks in time and righting the unspoken wrongs in history. His next task is a killer-not just for him, but for his husband and partner, Frost Ramsey, because Jeritt's not just tracking a bad guy; he's tracking his previous partner-his best friend. Brekin Creed is as deadly as he's ever been, and when Jeritt finds himself both abandoned and stranded in time, he has only a handful of years to figure out what went wrong with Brekin and, in doing so, save Frost's life. Is there time enough for Jeritt to save Frost, or will he be locked in the judgment of his mistakes for eternity? A story from the Dreamspinner Press 2012 Daily Dose package "Time Is Eternity."… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,171,394 books! | Top bar: Always visible