Whistle Blowing by Ada Maria Soto

Whistle Blowing

by Ada Maria Soto

195537,190 (4.14)1

2.5-3 stars. Interesting story, but I didn't really feel a romantic connection between the two main characters. There was alot of medical issues that were explained and talked about. I agree with another reviewer that I just can't see an ex Navy officer being so squeamish. Plus, the ending just begs for a sequel. ( )
  vampkiss | Oct 23, 2013 |
I can’t believe this novel was free. It’s a really adorable story, very sweet. The romantic element actually starts quite a bit later than I expected, and Sebastian actually acknowledges that when he does fall in love it’s very fast. For this genre, it’s almost glacial. ;) Sebastian is a great guy, gentle and kind. I really liked him. (He hates his name, and says he was beaten up in school because of it. I think that’s weird. I think it’s a nice name.)

Daren is great, too, and I like how they develop his character. The health/injury stuff was really well done, very believable. I was almost sure the writer had been in the medical profession but at one point Sebastian decides to see if Daren has a “temperature.” Um, yeah, he does like always. The question is whether he has a fever. It last a long time, too, which is realistic. This isn’t a guy who’s been beaten to a pulp and then walking around in a couple of days.

The romance starts later than I think it would. I think Sebastian would be finding him attractive sooner, although it says a lot about how great he is that he can only see a battered young man he wants to help. I think Daren comes to terms with his sexuality more quickly than would be normal. It’s not surprising how quickly he falls for Sebastian—the guy’s gorgeous and nurturing and doting and sweet and strong, etc.—but that he becomes comfortable with it almost as soon as he accepts it.

I had a problem with the fact that Sebastian doesn’t work. He’s conveniently between jobs with a new one starting a long way down the road. I think it would have been more believable if he were just out of work, but I understand why she did it this way. He needed to have his own income so it is even more clear that he’s not a gold digger.

The suspense plot, is good and tense, although without enough follow through. I was definitely knuckle biting at points but it was almost all suspense without much as far as confrontation type things. At the end I was expecting a bigger showdown and someone getting hurt but that didn’t happen but there is definitely room for a sequel. I really hope she writes one. Their story is not yet over.
  maybedog | Apr 5, 2013 |

maybedog | Apr 5, 2013 |
The only issue I have with this is that I want more! I want to know what happens to them all! ( )
  jules0623 | Mar 31, 2013 |
  jules0623 | Mar 29, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,398,363 books! | Top bar: Always visible